Practical ideas for new academics - a survival guide
Are you new to teaching? This page aims to provide you with basic information about lesson planning, getting online as well as access to resource materials to support your teaching.
This page is complemented by face-to-face workshops which run occasionally. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A student-centred approach to guide your teaching
Strategies that work
- Tips to make your teaching interactive and learner centred (google doc, DIT staff only)
- Designing a one hour lesson plan (google slides, DIT staff only)
- Effective lecture design and delivery (google doc, DIT staff only)
What you need to know and how to build your digital skills
- What is Technology Enhanced Learning Teaching and Assessment? Where to find out more and who can help in LTTC?
- DIT's institutional virtual learning environment (VLE) and help page
- Technology Enhanced Learning Teaching & Assessment (TELTA) CPD module
- Blended Learning - what it is and how do I find out more
- Technology Enhanced Assessment & Feedback - what is it and how do I find out more
- Quick technology - how to deliver a webinar (google doc - DIT staff only)
- Quick technology - how to use classroom polling (clickers) with your students