Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy Committee
A significant part of the LTTC's support for DIT's institutional strategies occurs through the Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy (LTAS) Committee.
The LTAS Committee has taken on a number of important roles over the years.
It has been instrumental in establishing and overseeing seed-funded Learning and Teaching projects, Teaching Fellowships and the recognition of teaching awards.
It has also lead a variety of initiatives, including the establishment of the Academic Writing Centre, of LEAD, RAFT, Education for Everyone Database and STEER.
The LTAS Committee supports the development of:
- DIT Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy – groups led John O’Connor and James Curtin
- DIT Graduate Attributes and Toolkit - group chaired by Siobhan Daly
- First year transition report submitted to academic council Spring 2015 and recommendations - group chaired by Eoghan OGrady
- The First Year Framework for Success – group chaired by Christine O’Connor and Kevin Gaughan
- Checklist for First Year Student Success (pdf)
- First Year Framework for Success (full document) (pdf)
- Implementation of recommendations arising from Provision of Structured Placement Report – group chaired by Sheila Flanagan
- Enhancement of DIT Assessment practices – group chaired by Chris Dixon