Recorded Oral Announcements:
The regulations governing recorded oral announcements include:
- announcements transmitted by telephone that are intended to be heard when the offices of the body are closed;
- announcements transmitted by means of a public address system;
- announcements created and transmitted by means of a computerised messaging service or computerised telephone answering service.
and shall be in the Irish language or the Irish and English languages.
This Regulation does not apply to:
- recorded oral announcements intended to be heard by persons outside the State only, or
- personal oral announcements recorded by members of staff of the public body concerned, or
- prohibit the use of a non-official language in recorded oral announcements intended to be heard by persons all or some of whom are reasonably considered by the public body concerned not to understand Irish or English.
This Regulation comes into operation:
- 1st July 2013