Win the opportunity to participate in the world's largest entrepreneurship summer school - the European Innovation Academy
8 March 2017
The European Innovation Academy is the world's largest entrepreneurship summer school focused on IT Innovations.
This is your chance to work in a multidisciplinary team and have the opportunity to launch new IT innovations to the market in a 15 day time period. Daily, your team will be mentored and educated by 100 industry leaders and professors. The program of the summer school is strongly influenced by prestigious startup accelerators and their methodologies from Silicon Valley. The summer school content is developed in cooperation with professors from top universities including UC Berkeley and Stanford University and also by innovative corporations such as Google, Amadeus, Rovio (Angry Birds), Samsung, Orange and Credit Agricole. During the summer school, students will experience 50+ unique sessions such as an Art Hackathon, 3D Printing Competition, IT Hackathon, Sleep and Food Hacking, Venture Capital Investment Competition, Growth Hacking and many more!
The College of Business is hosting a competition to select up to 10 candidates to send to EIA. The winners of the competition will have the cost of entry to the competition paid as well as flights and accommodation for the duration of the competition (total value of each award €2,500). The following details the information required to secure a place on the shortlist for one of the DIT-sponsored places.
The competition is open to individual DIT undergraduate or postgraduate students registered in the College of Business. Exceptionally, applications will be accepted for groups of registered students.
Requirements and Submission:
Please complete the following application form and include:
- A cover page detailing your name, student number and the programme you are currently taking in the College of Business
- A summary of your product idea
- An outline of your Business Model Canvas- for more information see http://businessmodelgeneration.com/canvas/bmc?_ga=1.40286692.73545502.1414055762 or Osterwalder, A., & Pigneur, Y. (2010). Business Model Generation: A Handbook For Visionaries, Game Changers, And Challengers. Wiley.
- Workshops will be scheduled to answer questions you may have on using the Business Model Canvas. The session will focus on your value proposition and the segment/s you plan to address.
- If you are interested in attending, please contact email@example.com noting ‘EIA BUSINESS MODEL WORKSHOP’ in the subject line.
- Your CV
APPLICATION FORM available here: Application Form
Application deadline is 1pm on Wednesday April 5th 2017. Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including EIA APPLICATION in the subject line.
EIA Launch 1pm Wednesday 8th April
Workshop 1pm Wednesday April 22nd
Closing date for applications 1pm Wednesday April 5th
Finalists pitch ideas to final judging panel Thursday 27th April
Announcement of winners (Flight and accommodation to be booked) May 2017
May-June – sign up to EIA platform
Participation in European Innovation Academy, Lisbon, Portugal 16th July - 4th August or Turin Italy 9th to 28th July
If you have questions, please contact
Claire Mc Bride e: Claire.email@example.com
Jenny Munnelly e: firstname.lastname@example.org