DIT Hothouse Discovery Fund
12 November 2018
DIT Hothouse has launched the Discovery Fund - a new internal fund in DIT to support innovative early-stage research that has significant impact potential.
The Discovery Fund is open to DIT staff and post-doctoral researchers.
Successful applicants will:
- Receive a discovery package valued at €20,000
- Obtain the honorary position of Discovery Advisor to their College
- Receive support from DIT Hothouse in promoting their research
- Have the opportunity to present their findings at future DIT Hothouse events
Discovery Package and Role as Discovery Advisor
The 20,000 Euro discovery package comprises of the following:
- €10,000 in research funding
- €5,000 in IP Protection (administered by Hothouse)
- €5,000 in Market Assessment (administered by Hothouse)
In addition, successful applicants will have the honorary position as College Discovery Advisor and will have the opportunity to showcase their research at future DIT Hothouse events.
The Discovery Advisor
- is point-of-contact to peers seeking to further develop ideas
- helps to identify ground-breaking research
- is committed to industry engagement and applying for future research funding
In addition, each Discovery Advisor will receive mentoring from both DIT Hothouse and experienced Researchers within DIT.
See Terms & Conditions for full details about the funding
How do I apply?
Apply online through DIT Hothouse Discovery Fund Application
Who can apply?
DIT Hothouse Discovery Fund is open to DIT Staff and Post-Doctoral Researchers who have an up-to-date Arrow and/or ORCID profile and employment contract, which runs until June 2019 or thereafter.
A maximum of 1 application per staff / post-doctoral researcher will be permitted during this funding call.
How will the research projects be assessed?
The assessment of a high potential, innovative research project will be based on the following:
1. Excellence & Innovation
3. Strategy & Implementation
The research projects will be judged by a panel of Heads of Research from each College and DIT House Team Members. The panel will meet to discuss all submissions and use the above criteria to score the submitted proposals in making a decision on the awarding of funding.
Dates of the Application Process
Data competition opens: November 12th
Date competition closes: November 30th
Date of panel: December 4th
Date awarded researchers announced: December 5th
Who do I contact if I have a question?
Contact DIT Hothouse firstname.lastname@example.org