Developments and current position on Competition and Business Law in Ireland- hosted by IMCA
12 November 2018
The Institute of Management Consultants and Advisers (IMCA) together with DIT College of Business invite you to hear from our guest speakers- Una Butler who will give an overview on the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission's (CCPC) activities in the area of competition law enforcement, and William Dillon-Leetch, a corporate partner in Mason Hayes and Curran will provide an update in the area of business law.
This event is open to DIT postgraduate students and academic staff, IMCA members and the Law Society of Ireland members.
About our Speakers
Director of Legal Services & General Counsel, Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC)
In her role, Úna oversees the provision of legal advice on all aspects of the CCPC’s work, in particular, its enforcement and merger review functions.
Úna will provide an overview on:
- General practical guidance on ensuring compliance with competition law
- How to comply with competition law when tendering for contracts and
- Notifying mergers and acquisitions to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
Partner, Corporate at Mason Hayes & Curran
His practice includes mergers & acquisitions, advisory work, fundraisings, venture capital, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and IPOs. William advises clients across the energy, pharmaceutical, technology, finance, aviation and real estate sectors.
William will provide an overview on:
- the implications for M&A transactions of the upcoming revision to the financial thresholds for notifying a merger or acquisition to the CCPC and
- recent developments in Irish company law, including audit-related changes, end of the non-filing structure for unlimited companies and the enhancement of supervisory powers for the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA).