Applying for PhD and MPhil Studies
At the TU Dublin College of Business we accept applications for research degrees all year round.
As a first step we advise that you forward a brief resume and research proposal to the College of Head of Research Dr. Deirdre McQuillan at firstname.lastname@example.org From this point we will review the proposal and confirm whether we have a suitable supervisor for this project. We will then link you with that supervisor to facilitate further consideration and development of your proposal.
You can also review potential supervisors by visiting ARROW, the research repository of TU Dublin where many of the researchers have uploaded their research outputs.
When the supervisor and the Head of School confirm willingness to accept your proposal, the next step is for you to complete the online application through the Graduate Research School.
In developing your research idea it is important that you develop a research proposal. This proposal will help you consider key questions relevant to the research.
- What is your research topic?
- Why is this important?
- What work has already been done on this topic and what are they key findings?
- What are the specific questions you want to investigate?
- What are the gaps in current knowledge will you address?
- How will you research this?
- Do you have a project plan outlining how long each stage of your research will take?
- What knowledge or expertise will you need to develop in order to complete this work?
- What is novel about your research?
- What do think the impact of your research will be?
If you have any questions on the TU Dublin College of Business PhD and MPhil programmes please contact the College Head of Research Dr. Deirdre McQuillan at (p) +353-1-402 7032 or (e) email@example.com.