DIT Student Accommodation 2014/2015
DIT has block booked suitable student accommodation with external providers for 2014/2015. Booking this accommodation particularly helps students coming to Dublin for the first time and settles the student quicker into college life and becoming familiar with Dublin city. It is recommended that you start looking for accommodation as soon as possible. Due to a shortage of accommodation in Dublin in the last year it may be difficult to obtain suitable accommodation in August and September.
The advantages to students choosing to book Campus style accommodation block booked by DIT are as follows-
- Group book and live with friends
- Hassle free booking of accommodation for the year
- Being with a community of students and participating in social and sports events
- Accommodation fully equipped and fitted and built to a very high standard
- Additional facilities may be available i.e. laundry services, sports facilities, retail outlets, shops cafe's etc with the accommodation or local amenities accessable close by
- All apartment complex's served with good transport links to DIT campuses
- Secure parking and bicycle storage are available
- Free internet provision
- Advance online booking may be available, competitive rates and security of tenure for the academic session provided
- Providers try to place students of similar courses and DIT campuses together
- Flexibility in allocating alternative accommodation if students are not happy with their accommodation
- Safe, secure and private with security provided with an onsite management company for assistance
- DIT has a residential assistant in each complex to help students with any difficulties and refer students to DIT's support services
- Health, Safety and Welfare of students a key priority for DIT and external providers
- All accommodation is wheelchair accessible.
Off Campus Accommodation - Block booked for DIT Students
1. Griffith Hall of Residence, South Circular Rd, Dublin 8
Great value, comfortable, safe, purpose built student accommodation just 15 minutes walk to the city centre. This complex has 165 apartments with shared and single rooms available. This central location is ideal for DIT students on any DIT campus. A student community on 7 acres with 24 hour security makes GHR a safe private place to live. Prices includes broadband internet, utilities, fitness room, bar & restaurant, library access, parking and bike storage, accommodation support services ie. Maintenance and Resident Assistant. For further details please check the website www.ghr.ie Phone 01 4163320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org You can also contact the Student Residence Assistance at email@example.com if you have any problems and queries.
2. J.B's Student Residence, Dublin 2 - Chubb Properties
Location, Location, Location - JB's Student Residence situated in this elite area in Dublin city is within a 10 minute walk to Aungier St and close DIT's campuses' Kevin St and Rathmines. The apartments which can house up to 140 students are bright and very spacious. We have a concierge at reception throughout the night. Chubb Properties can also provide accommodation to DIT students in Rathmines and Ranelagh. Further details available at www.chubbproperties.com Phone 01 6768788, email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Student Housing
Student housing at the Herberton Student Residence, James Walk, South Circular Rd, Dublin 8 offer twin and single room accommodation in modern, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. The residence has an onsite office and a concierge service. DIT Aungier St, Kevin St and Rathmines are approximately 15-20 minute walk from the Herberton Student Residence. The red LUAS line which stops opposite the apartments complex services DIT centres Bolton St and Cathal Brugha St. Further details available at www.studenthousing.ie Phone 01 4169587 or email email@example.com Security is a prime consideration at the Herberton Student Residence. There is a full time office and a concierge on duty at the entrance desk throughout the evening and night. Herberton complex also has a security office and two security officers on duty nightly.
4. Gateway Student Village, Ballymun Rd, Dublin 9
The Gateway Student Village is a modern spacious purpose built gated complex comprising 109 apartments and each apartment comprises of 3 single bedrooms with open plan kitchen and dining area. A limited number of twin rooms are also available. The complex adjoins a newly built Garda station. It is within each reach of Bolton St, Cathal Brugha St and Mountjoy Sq campuses and is serviced by many bus routes to the city centre. The 19A bus route will service Aungier St and Kevin St(Southside campuses). Other facilities include broadband, full time resident caretaker and secure underground car park. Students have the use of a swimming pool and leisure centre which are close by at a reduced rate. Further details available at www.gatewaystudentvillage.ie Phone 01 8424060, email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Alexander Court - 25 Upper Pembroke Street, Dublin 2
Alexander Court is 2 minutes walk to St Stephen’s Green and is in an excellent location for all DIT campuses. The company has six apartments available for rent to DIT Students.
The company has a mixture of twin and single rooms in all apartments and students must book and fill the apartment. There is no facility to book a room only with the management company.
- 4 Apartments with 5 bed spaces
- 1 Apartment with 3 bed spaces
- 1 Apartment with 4 bed spaces
- The price is €490 per person sharing for 3 bed/2 bath apt sleeping 5.
- €500 per person sharing for a 2 bed/2 bath apt sleeping 3
N.B - There is a once off charge of €400 per person on all apartments to cover refuse/recycling/laundry/high speed Wi-Fi and water charges. There is a security deposit of one month’s rent.
The building is safe and secure and well maintained. There are maintenance people present in the building Monday through Friday to take care of any issues. The company runs the building very strictly and does not entertain any Anti-Social behaviour. There is CCTV in all common areas, a large laundry room, secure bicycle storage with access from street level and High Speed Wi-Fi.
N.B.While these apartments are free now if students want to book them for September they offer a discounted rate for July/August of 50% of the rent (€1,225 for the 3 bed apt and €750 for the 2 bed) The students, friends or family are of course free to use the apartment during these months. The full rent becomes payable on the 1st of September and the lease is for 10 months from September 1st.
For further details and bookings please contact Gerry 087 2563031
6. Number12 North Frederick Street, Dublin 1
Large House(s) run by management company. City centre location suitable for all DIT campuses:
- DIT, Bolton Street – 650m walk
- DIT, Cathal Brugha Street – 500m walk
- DIT Grangegorman - 20 min walk and on several bus routes to the campus
- On bus route to other DIT campuses.
- Dublin Bikes stand outside the door of the premises
- Twin Room en suite - €490 pm pps
- Single rooms en suite - €650 pm
- All mod cons.
- Shared large kitchen and lounge.
- Heating and Electricity
- Wi-fi throughout the building
- Laundry Room - Washing machines and tumle dryers free of charge.
Joe Tierney, letting agent: 087 981 0183
Alternative Campus - Style Student Accommodation
See below details of other accommodation providers in Dublin-
- Ziggurat Student Accommodation (old Montrose Hotel)
- Shanowen Square, Santry - FULLY BOOKED
- Hazelwood Apts, Santry
- Broadstone Student Residence - FULLY BOOKED
- DMG Properties
- National College of Ireland - FULLY BOOKED
- All Hallows College
Private Rented Accommodation
You can check the Private Rented Accommodation for websites which offer flats/ apartments and house sharing. You will also find information here for short stay accommodation such as hostels, bed & breakfast and economy hotels.
There is also accommodation listings on the Student's Union website (details under 'Welfare' heading) and useful information and helpful hints on tenancy issues. You can also contact the Student's Union at email@example.com or phone 01 4024370.
If you are a landlord and wish to advertise your property eg house/apartment/houseshare/digs you can email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 4024370.
Advice and Information
It is important to note that the selection of the accommodation and the terms of the agreement or contract are entirely a matter between the individual student and the external provider. Please be aware that the properties have not been inspected by DIT and the college do not carry out Garda vetting on prospective landlords. DIT cannot take responsibility or become involved in any disputes or letting issues between the tenant and landlord/landlady.
It is not advisable to agree to rent accommodation until you view what you are being offered. Therefore you may wish to book temporary accommodation in advance of your arrival.
It may be useful to look at the transport system which will give you useful information on how to get to your particular college. You may also click on this map which will provide you with the location of each off-campus accommodation and other useful information including distance and directions to each college faculty. (This does not include private rented accommodation).
When choosing your accommodation consideration should be given to the location of the Faculty you are attending. Faculties, Bolton St, Cathal Brugha St and Mountjoy Square are situated on the north side near the city centre and Kevin St, Aungier St and Rathmines are situated on the south side. The uneven postal area numbers 1,3,5,7 etc are located in Dublin north and the even numbers are located in Dublin south. Dublin 1 and 2 are city centre (north and south respectively).
The list below although not exhaustive are general rules/guidelines while living in rented accommodation:
- No overnight stays for visitors to your accommodation
- All residences shall take responsibility for the actions of their invited guests
- Visitors must vacate the premises according to the rules of the accommodation provider
- All residences must respect the property and not use it for unapproved purpose
- No parties
- No loud or anti-social behaviour
- No interference with other students/tenants quite enjoyment
- No abuse verbal or otherwise of any other student or tenant
- No abuse verbal or otherwise of landlord/landlady, or staff member if you are staying in campus style accommodation.
- Management/landlord/landlady has the right to suspend or evict students for misconduct
- It is advisable that you check the rules/terms and conditions of your lease.
If you require further information details can be obtained from the Financial Aid and Accommodation Services at Tel: 01 4027513 or 01 4023394 or email: email@example.com