Undergraduate Courses in the School of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
The School offers a number of degrees at ordinary (level 7) and honours (level 8) degree level and they are listed below. For more details, click on the link provided. In all cases, it is important to consult the minimum entry requirements. If you have a specific query, the Further Information section at these links gives the relevant contact details.
These courses make full use of the extensive laboratory facilities available as well as providing a broad background to theory and specific case studies and applications. E-learning support mechanisms are also embedded.
Level 8 Courses
- DT201 Science (General Entry) BSc(Hons)
- DT203 Forensic and Environmental Chemistry BSc(Hons)*Title change in September 2018 to 'Analytical Chemistry (Environmental, Forensic & Pharmaceutical)
- DT227 Science with Nanotechnology BSc(Hons)
- DT299 Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry BSc(Hons)
*Please note that, with effect from September 2018, the name of our DT203 programme has changed from ‘Forensic and Environmental Chemistry’ to ‘Analytical Chemistry (Environmental, Forensic and Pharmaceutical)’. The course content has not been modified. This rebranding resulted from consultation with students, graduates and their employers as it better reflects the course content and the range of areas where graduates have found employment.
- DT212 Science (General Entry) BSc(Ord)
- DT261 Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences BSc (Ord)
#Note that on completion of our level 7 three year course (DT 261), students who achieve the appropriate grades are eligible to apply for entry to the final year (4th year) of our Honours Degree programmes in Forensic and Environmental Chemistry (DT203) and in Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry (DT299)