More recent news can be found our Facebook page
ICI Annual Congress 2011
The School of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences will this year be the proud host to the Institute of Chemistry Ireland's Annual Congress. The topic this year is the Commercialisation of Chemistry and speakers will discuss issues facing todays R&D chemist. More information can be found here.
DIT Teaching Fellowship awarded to Dr Michael Seery
School Lecturers contribute to RSC book on Teaching in Higher Education
Chemical Risk Assessment 2009 Courses Running Sept/Oct 09
- Congratulations to Rajath Varma who won Best Poster Prize at Nace 17th International Corrosion Congress in Las Vegas
- Eoghan Stanley reports on his trip to the London Youth International Science Forum
- DIT Success at 60th Irish Universities Chemistry Research Colloquium
- Postgraduate Position Available
- School Year Book 2008 Launched
- DIT Students win National Analytical Measurment Competition
- Photographs from the Annual Prize-giving ceremony Available
- Photographs from the February Graduation Ceremony
- Congratulations to School Postgraduates who successfully defended their theses
- Eoghan Stanley, DT203-1 reports on class trip to "Bog Bodies"
- School Host the 10th Anniversary National Analytical Measurement Competition
- Details of 2nd RSC Chemistry at Work event at DIT announced
- FP6 MNT ERAnet Annual Review
- School Welcomes New Technical Appointment
- DIT Postgrad wins best article of the Year in Journal of Validation Technology
- Science Week DIT Programme
- Autumn Graduation: Photographs available
- New NMR Facility in the Faculty of Science, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Register for Short Course on Noise Risk Assessment, Oct 07
- New School Courses DT201 and DT208: Apply Directly to DIT
- Congratulations to Ciaran Potter, who successfully defended his PhD thesis [more...]
- New Opportunities in Postgraduate Research
- Two lecturers from the School attended the 2nd ECTN Summer School for new lecturers in Sliema, Malta in June 2007.
- Congratulations to Martin Galvin who successfully defended his PhD thesis [more...]
- School Students involved in Launch of DIT Access Strategy
- NEW Course in Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences (DT208)
- School Year Book 2006 2007 Launched
- School's Chemistry at Work Day features in RSC News
- Congratulations to the DIT students who came runners up in the EAMC competition in Tralee IT
- Report and Pictures from the School's RSC Chemistry at Work Day
- Post-Doctoral Position Available
- Student winners of internal competition to go to EAMC
- ABBEST Research Scholarships Available
- February Graduation sees the first graduates of the MSc (Pharmaceutical Validation Technology). [More details on graduations and prizewinners...]
- ABBEST Research Scholarships available [More...]
- School Hosts RSC Chemistry at Work, Tues 13th March 2007 [More...]
- Programme Details of Pharmaceutical Analysis '07 Announced [More...]
- Poster on Current Research Activities in the School [More...] (PDF Document)
- DT212/2C complete mini-projects [more...]
- DIT awarded euro1.17 M from FP6-MNT ERANET to combat MRSA [more...]
- DIT Postgrad wins a Poster Prize at CSCB Conference: Catriona O'Meara won best poster prize at the CSCB Advances in Synthesis and Chemical Biology Symposium. [more...]
- Details of the Forensic Analysis '07 conference announced [more...]
- On the first of this month, DT203/1 (Forensic and Environmental Analysis) students went to the National Museum of Ireland to take part in a tour of the "Bog bodies" exhibition. Katelynn Parent, DT203/1 describes the trip [more...]
- Three members of staff received their certificates for Learning and Teaching Courses at the November graduation ceremony in St Patrick's Cathedral. The courses were completed in DIT's Learning and Teaching Centre.Dr. Claire McDonnell received a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Level Learning and Teaching. Dr Christine O'Connor and Dr Michael Seery received a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Level Learning and Teaching. At the ceremony, the President Prof Brian Norton praised all staff who had completed these courses for their continued commitment to improving student learning and their personal commitment to lifelong learning.
New Appointment in the School
- It is with great pleasure that the school announces the appointment of Dr Barry Hatt as Asst Lecturer in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Barry comes to us with a wealth of experience in both the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Sector. He completed his BSc(Chemistry) & PhD(Industrial Microbiology) at UCD and has held many senior positions in Industry. He also holds Qualified Person Status and a Diploma in Applied Finance.
- Emily Keaveney from DT203 attended the 2006 London Youth International Science Forum on behalf of the Science Faculty at DIT. The trip was coordinated by the RDS and Emily was sponsored by the Faculty of Science, DIT. Click here to read her reflections on her time there...
- Congratulations to Elie Fux who won the Best Oral Analytical Presentation Prize at the 58th Irish Universities Chemistry Research Colloquium held in UCG. Elie's supervisors are Dr. Barry Foley (DIT) and Dr. Ronan Bire (Marine Institute).
- Congratulations also to Colm O'Neill who won the Food Safety Authority National Competition for best project in final year after oral presentation and defence. Colm is a graduate of DT299.
- More information on Prizes...
- Photos from the 4th Biennial Conference on Analytical Sciences held in DIT are now available
- Dr Martin Brennan, Henkel Irl. Ltd presents Ms Celeste Frankenfield (University of Kansas) with the best speaker prize at the 4th Biennial Conference on Analytical Sciences [ More Photos here]
- School Prize-giving [ More details of prize-giving ceremony here...]
- DIT offers module to NIBRT [more...]
- DIT visits European College of Validation residential week [More...]
- Science Week 2005 photos [ More...]
- Congratulations to Anna Killeen of the Teresian School who won the Guess the Smells competition held during Science Week
- The School bids farewell two two highly regarded colleagues: Dr. Noel Russell and Mr Sean Magee [More...]
School staff Dr. Claire McDonnell and Dr. Christine O'Connor receive their award for Excellence In Teaching from the President Prof. Brian Norton. [More...]
Back to the Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Homepage