Dr. Basel Magableh is Assistant Lecturer in the School of Computer Science DIT. Basel has a BSc from the University of Yarmouk, Jordan, MSc from New York Institute of technology, USA and a PhD from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Basel has previously worked as a Chief Scientist in Mobile/Terminal Context Awareness in Huawei Technologies, Finland. He has also completed two post doctorate positions in UCD, and the Knowledge and Data Engineering Group (KDEG), Trinity College.
In DIT Basel lectures, Cloud Computing (DT228), Networking 3 (DT211), Introduction to Algorithms (DT211), Computing Fundamentals I/II (DT249, DT255) and he is the year mentor for DT255 & DT249 stage 2. Basel is also a Certified CISCO Instructor and AWS Solution Architect.
Self-adaptive Context Dependent Software,
Self Healing Microservices Architecture,
Runtime configurations of infrastructure as a code,
Adaptive Learning and Content Personalisation for Next Generation E-Learning Tools.
• Magableh, B., Bertolotto M., A Dynamic Rule-based Approach for Self-adaptive Map Personalisation Services. The International Journal of Soft Computing and Software Engineering (JSCSE), 3(1): 53-63.
• Magableh B., Rawashdeh B., Barrett S., A Framework for Evaluating Model-Driven Self-Adaptive Software Systems. American Journal of Software Engineering and Applications, December 2012; 1(1): 10-22.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: Productivity Evaluation of Self-Adaptive Software Model Driven Architecture, International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJETWE), 4(2), pages 172-180.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: “ Context oriented software development,” Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence (JETWI), 3(4), pages 206--216.
• Magableh, B., Bertolotto M., A Dynamic Rule-based Approach for Self-adaptive Map Personalisation Services. In The International Conference on Soft Computing and Software Engineering, San Francisco, California, USA, 2013.
• Magableh, B., AlBeiruti, N.: Detecting the Onset of Dementia Using Context-Oriented Architecture. In The in 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services, and Technologies (NGMAST’12), 1, Paris, France, Sept. 2012. Awarded best conference paper.
• Corcoran P., Mooney P., Bertolotto M, Magableh B., 2012, Augmented Maps with Route Sketches, In the 9th International Symposium on Location-Based, Munich Germany, 2012.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: A self-adaptive context oriented component-based application middleware (coca-middleware). In: The 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC 2011). UIC 2011, vol. 1, pp. 45–49. Banff, Canada (September 2011) 22.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.:, “Model-Driven Productivity Evaluation for self-Adaptive Context-Oriented Software Development ,” in 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services, and Technologies (NGMAST’11), vol. 1, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom, Sept. 2011. Awarded best conference paper.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: “Self-adaptive application for indoor wayfinding for individuals with cognitive impairments,” in The 24th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, ser. CBMS 2011, vol. 1, Lancaster, UK, June 2011, pp. 45–49.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.:“Objective-cop: Objective context oriented programming,” in International Conference on Information and Communication Systems, ser. ICICS 2011, vol. 1, May 2011, pp. 45–49. Awarded best conference paper.
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: Primitive component architecture description language. In: The 7th International Conference on Informatics and Systems, (INFOS 2010). vol. 1, pp. 1 –7 (march 2010)
• Magableh, B., Barrett, S.: Pcoms: A component model for building context- dependent applications. In: Proceedings of the Adaptive ’09. pp. 44–48. COMPUTATIONWORLD ’09, IEEE Computer Society (2009).
• Method and Apparatus for Classifying Virtual Activities of Mobile Users
• Extracting, classifying and formatting user’s generated content from Mobile Application
Post-doctoral Fellowship, The Knowledge and Data Engineering Group (KDEG), Trinity College Dublin, 2012
Post-doctoral Fellowship Award – School of Computer Science and Informatics, University College Dublin, 2007
Trinity College Ussher Fellowship, 2007
Best Paper award at NGMAST 2012
Best Paper award at NGMAST 2011
Best Paper award at ICICS 2011