The CSER welcomes opportunities for inter-disciplinary research collaboration.
Department of Social Sciences and School of Media
The CSER is closely associated with the School of Social Sciences and Law and the School of Media in DIT who both share a commitment to enhancing the quality of early childhood care and education through their teachings and contributions to the research base in this key area. Staff have included empirical researchers, theorists and active agents within the policy matrix, as well as lecturers and research supervisors.
Other recent collaborations have included:
The Department of Social Sciences and the School of Hospitality, Management and Tourism for research and analysis work for the President of Ireland’s Being Young and Irish youth consultation.
The Department of Social Sciences and the School of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences for research commissioned by the National Advisory Committee on Drugs (NACD) titled An Overview of New Psychoactive Substances and the Outlets Supplying Them.
The CSER has also formed partnerships through external tendering processes.
Some past research commissioners have included:
- The Office of the President of Ireland
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs
- Tallaght West Childhood Development Initiative
- Department of Social Community and Family Affairs
- Wexford Area Partnership
- Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
- Combat Poverty Agency
- National Women’s Council
- Department of Education and Science