Every telephone on the 402 network is programmed with a Call Category between Category 1 and 5. The category of an extension determines what numbers can be dialled from that extension.
- Cat 1 : Internal access only
- Cat 2 : Local Dublin
- Cat 3 : Mobile and National
- Cat 4 : United Kingdom
- Cat 5 : Worldwide access
By default, extension are set to Cat 2, Dublin numbers only. Information Services can issue staff members with a PIN code for their extension so that they can dial additional numbers without going through the Central Switchboard.
Requests for PIN codes must be made in writing to the Service Desk. When requesting a PIN code, staff must
- Apply in writing to the Service Desk
- State your Name, Extension Number, Location and a Business Reason for the request
- ICT Services will then seek authorisation from the Finance Directorate
- Once the request has been approved, ICT Services will communicate the PIN code via email
To use your PIN code:
- Dial *72*12345# (Where 12345 is your registered PIN code)
- Dial 0 for an outside line
- Dial the required number