Chemical Risk Assessment/Awareness Programme
Duration: Half Day (3 Hours)
Course Trainer: Patricia Ennis Ph.D, MBA, C.Chem, FRSC, CMIOSH
This short training course will enable the participant to identify the hazards and risks associated with the use of chemicals in the workplace.
The programme is tailored to the DIT work environment and will address the process of the risk assessment of the use of chemicals using the DIT risk assessment template. In addition issues associated with the storage of chemicals will be addressed. Emergency procedures in relation to exposures and spills within the DIT context will be reviewed.
- Brief review of the H&S legislation relating to the control of chemicals in the workplace
- Identification of Chemical Hazards
- Safety Data Sheets
- Changes in Labels and SDS from December 2010
- Risk assessment methodology
- Prevention and Protection
- Emergency procedures
- Chemical contact
- Chemical Risk assessment and compilation of the DIT CRA template