Developing Personal Impact and Influence
Duration: Two Days
Course Trainer: Sinead Gaynor
Anyone who wishes to achieve greater impact in their communications, enhance their interpersonal effectiveness and exert more influence in the workplace.
- Understanding what Emotional Intelligence is and how it can be enhanced and leveraged in a range of workplace situations
- Learning how to get your message across with impact and receiving tips to build your confidence in a range of interpersonal contexts
- Practising active listening and building rapport
- Exploring assertiveness techniques and applying them in a range of workplace situations
- Receiving tips on giving and receiving feedback
- Learning and applying influencing strategies.
- Setting the scene for learning
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Managing the impression you make
- Communication delivery skills
- Confidence building techniques
- Active listening, building rapport
- Assertiveness techniques
- Handling challenging workplace situations
- Feedback skills
- Influencing strategies.
Participants will be asked to participate in a short exercise on their communication style prior to the course, which will be shared in a manner that they are comfortable with on day one. The course trainer, Sinead Gaynor will provide details of this pre-work in advance of the course.