Duration: One Day
Course Trainer: Jo Irwin, i4 Training
This course will be beneficial for managers and supervisors at all levels. Regardless of the amount of experience, anyone who has an interest in reflecting on their personal style and improving their leadership qualities can learn practical skills to better engage their staff.
The aim of this highly interactive session is to highlight the role of managers & supervisors in driving individual staff performance. Practical motivational tools will be introduced, which managers/supervisors can employ when communicating and interacting with staff.
By the end of the training session delegates will be able to:
- Explain the link between management behaviours, employee engagement and organisational performance.
- Describe how feedback, as a management tool, can be used to deliver high performance.
- Set staff objectives that work as a motivational aid rather than as a tick box exercise!
- Match their leadership style to the development level of staff members in order to motivate and delegate effectively.
- Identify how to manage challenging conversations in order to turn performance around.