Health & Safety Awareness Seminar for Managers
Duration: Half Day
This half day Safety Awareness for Managers programme will provide participants with an overview of their roles and responsibilities for the day-to-day practical concerns of integrating health and safety with operational management.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the principles and requirements of key health and safety legislation
• Comprehend the principles of hazard identification and risk assessment
• Understand the benefits, techniques and principles of controlling safety issues and arrangements
• Recognise the benefits, techniques and principles of safety-performance monitoring
• Appreciate the principles of accident management
The programme is delivered by experienced Ibec Executives who provide members with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. Programme participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. The programme facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application.
Who Should Attend?
Members of DIT management and supervisory staff
• Why Manage Health and Safety?
• Safety Management Systems
• Safety Statement
• Implementing and Managing Safety
Duties of Employer and Manager:
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application Regulations 2007
Risk Assessment and Controlling Risks