Duration: One Day
Trainer: Tiernan Ivory, Irish Times Training
This Minute Taking course is designed to introduce participants to best practice in minute taking while ensuring that accurate, succinct, objective and business-like records are maintained. It will remove the hassle factor and uncertainty from the minute taking process.
- Enhance participants' minute writing skills and develop the full potential of their roles as committee secretaries
- Prepare and agree agendas with greater confidence
- Step through the minute taking process
- Develop the committee secretary's role more fully
- Clarify the committee's minuting requirements
- Record, structure, draft and edit minutes more effectively
- Role of committee secretary before, during and after meetings
- Asserting the role and managing expectations
- Drafting and agreeing agenda items and order of business
- Developing listening skills for meetings
- Taking effective notes quickly
- Writing and editing minutes
Where possible, delegates should bring a sample of minutes they have produced or of the type of minutes they will be expected to produce.