DIT Leadership Development Programme
The DIT Leadership Development Programme is an in-house programme designed by Staff Development and delivered by professional and academic subject experts from across the higher education sector. The programme is designed to support our Heads and Assistant Heads of School, Managers, and Principle Investigators, to effectively lead their people, schools, departments and projects.
The programme aims to;
- support the Institute’s strategic goal to have Great People in an Innovative Workplace;
- support the implementation of the DIT People Strategy to Attract, Develop and Retain people and support a Positive Work Environment;
- develop the leadership and management competencies (knowledge, skills, behaviours) identified through the ;
- DIT Heads of School Competency Project 2015;
- DIT Performance Management & Development System;
- HEA-IUA Academic Leadership Competencies Project 2016;
- support our Heads of School, Managers and PIs to be great leaders who inspire, respect and empower others and gain commitment to delivering our strategic goals.
The programme is delivered as five Compulsory Modules. Staff can make an application to participate which will be reviewed by an evaluation panel. Acceptance onto the programme requires a commitment that you will be free to attend all five modules listed below.
2017 Module Dates:
- Module 1 - Thursday 2nd November 2017
- Module 2 - Thursday 16th November 2017
- Module 3 - Thursday 7th December 2017
- Module 4 - Thursday 11th January 2018
- Module 5 - Thursday 25th January 2018
Programme Outline: DIT Leadership Development Call Nov 2017
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 21st September 2017