Graduate Relations and Annual Fund Manager
Whilst the primary focus will be on the DIT Foundation’s general fundraising program, this individual will play a key role in broadening relationships with DIT Graduates and the expansion of the Foundation’s Annual Fund.
The Manager will work with the Foundation’s management team to develop strategies and implement tactics that will successfully increase philanthropic support from key constituencies.
Through online and offline activity together with personal solicitations, the manager will focus on renewing and up-grading current donors, as well as increasing the overall participation rate of DIT graduates in the Annual Fund.
The manager will develop the Foundation’s activities involving the existing graduate network, individual college’s activity and key graduate events, e.g. reunions and promotional activities.
The manager will provide stewardship and foster relationships with other investor prospects, when required.
- Work with the Development Manager to set performance goals for the annual fund, and strategies to achieve them.
- Organise annual fund solicitations, including timing and nature of appeals, writing copy, working with outside suppliers (as necessary) to manage all aspects of production.
- Develop a ‘touring exhibition template’, as well as supporting the Foundation’s executive team and/or the President to facilitate solicitations by them, where appropriate.
- Manage stewardship activities to assure regular contact with donors by DIT President, Foundation’s executive team, or other key DIT individuals.
- Serve as liaison to DIT Public Affairs, specifically in relation to the DIT Graduate Network.
- Work closely with existing graduate structures in planning activities and programs.
- Maintain communications with relevant graduates, encouraging long-term relations.
- Serve as liaison to DIT Corporate Partnership Programme to foster joint activities and build strong relationships.
Third level degree desirable and minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in higher education.
- Have an ability to plan and activate relevant events in a creative way.
- Demonstrated skill in gift solicitation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Have strong project management skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strategic understanding of the commercial nature of the role.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
For further information or to apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 1st June 2012.