DIT Travel Scholarship in Renewable Energy 2017
A fishing community at Lake Victoria
DIT Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2017 DIT Travel Scholar in Renewable Energy.
The DIT Travel Scholarship in Renewable Energy provides an opportunity for a high-achieving DIT student/recent graduate with a Master’s Degree or PhD to pursue a practical work assignment in a developing country in the area of renewable energy.
The recipient will work for a period of up to 3 months on a project managed by the international charity Renewable World in Kenya, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nicaragua.
To be eligible for this life changing opportunity students must meet the following criteria:
- Completed a Master’s Degree or a PhD at DIT
- Achieved a 2:1 result or higher in a Masters programme
- Attained their qualification within the past two academic years
- Interested in Renewable Energy in the developing World
Meet the previous DIT Travel Scholars in Renewable Energy:
The scholarship of €10,000 will support the travel, accommodation and subsistence costs for a successful graduate. The timing of the placement is flexible to accommodate the successful candidate.
The benefits that this scholarship will provide are as follows:
- A unique experience to deepen the graduate’s knowledge and understanding of the contribution of renewable energy to poverty alleviation and income generation in the developing world
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to a local community in a developing country
- Financial support of up to €10,000 for travel, accommodation and subsistence
- Awarded the title of the DIT Travel Scholar in Renewable Energy 2015
If you are eligible and would like to apply please download DIT Travel Scholar in Renewable Energy . This form includes all criteria, terms and conditions.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th November. If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie on (01) 402 4137.