The GDA determined that in order to articulate the Vision for the Project and to test the project Viability, a comprehensive spatial masterplan of the highest standard needed to be developed. A spatial masterplan is a sophisticated model which:
- Shows how streets, squares and open spaces of a neighbourhood are to be connected.
- Defines the height, bulk and massing of buildings.
- Sets out suggested relationships between buildings and public spaces.
- Identifies the movement patterns for people on foot, or by bicycle, car or public transport, as well as looking at the needs of service and refuse vehicles.
- Sets out the basis for the provision of utilities and other infrastructural elements.
- Relates the physical form of the site to social, economic and cultural contexts and takes account of the needs of people living and working in the area.
- Shows ways in which new neighbourhoods can be integrated into existing communities, as well as built and natural environments.
To view additional information you can visit the Grangegorman Development Agency Website