DIT Hothouse is the award-winning Knowledge Transfer and Incubation Centre at Dublin Institute of Technology, responsible for the commercialisation of intellectual property arising from DIT research. DIT Hothouse is the hub of innovation and technology transfer activities in DIT, the place where business meets innovation. DIT Hothouse has a range of spinout technologies available to industry across Life Sciences, Food, ICT, Software, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing and Clean Technologies. Our team works with students, lecturers and research teams across DIT as well as with entrepreneurs, industry leaders and investors. Through the DIT Hothouse New Frontiers Startup Programme, we provide a startup incubator for innovative and promising startup companies.
The mission of DIT Hothouse is to:
- Maximise the commercialisation of new technologies developed by the growing community of DIT researchers.
- Partner with industry on research collaboration, research consultancy and contract research.
- Support the launch of knowledge-intensive startups with the potential to generate significant economic benefits for Ireland through our startup support programmes and the DIT Hothouse Incubator.
At DIT Hothouse we assist:
- Entrepreneurs to start and grow businesses.
- Industry partners to find new technologies, research partners, and funding.
- Investors to find high-potential opportunities.
- DIT staff and students to commercialise their intellectual property (IP).
- Technology transfer offices in the Institute of Technology Tallaght (ITTD), the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB), the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dún Laoghaire (IADT) and the National College of Ireland (NCI) and the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS) in their commercialisation activities.
Whichever category you belong to, DIT Hothouse can provide you with unparalleled expertise, skills and resources to help you achieve your goals.
Since its establishment in 2007, DIT Hothouse has consistently outperformed all other Irish university knowledge transfer offices, completing up to 20% of the annual commercial technology transfer licences in Ireland. Through its Enterprise Ireland-funded Incubation Programmes, DIT Hothouse has helped create nearly 400 sustainable businesses that have attracted over €200 million in equity investment and created approximately 1,700 quality jobs.