DIT Hothouse is the award-winning Innovation and Technology Transfer Office at Dublin Institute of Technology, responsible for the commercialisation of intellectual property arising from DIT research. DIT Hothouse is the hub of innovation and technology transfer activities in DIT, the place where business meets innovation. Our team works with students, lecturers and research teams across DIT as well as with entrepreneurs, industry leaders and investors. Through the DIT Hothouse New Frontiers Programme, we provide an incubator for innovative and promising startup companies. DIT Hothouse has a range of spinout technologies available to industry across Life Sciences, Food, ICT, Software, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing and Clean Technologies. Learn more about these spinout technologies.
The mission of DIT Hothouse is two-fold:
- We strive to maximise the commercialisation of new technologies developed by the growing community of DIT researchers.
- We support the launch of knowledge-intensive startups with the potential to generate significant economic benefits for Ireland.
At DIT Hothouse we assist:
- Entrepreneurs to start and grow businesses.
- Industry partners to find technologies, research partners, and funding.
- Investors to find high-potential opportunities.
- DIT staff and students to commercialise their intellectual property (IP).
- Technology transfer offices in the Institute of Technology Tallaght (ITTD), the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB), the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dún Laoghaire (IADT) and the National College of Ireland (NCI) in their commercialisation activities.
Whichever category you belong to, DIT Hothouse can provide you with unparalleled expertise, skills and resources to help you achieve your goals.
Since its establishment in 2007, DIT Hothouse has consistently outperformed all other Irish university technology transfer offices, completing up to 20% of the annual commercial technology transfer licences in Ireland. Through its Enterprise Ireland-funded Incubation Programmes, DIT Hothouse has helped create nearly 200 sustainable businesses that have attracted €115 million in equity investment and created approximately 1,300 quality jobs.
Some of our success stories.