DIT Hothouse’s student summer incubator open to all students and recent graduates
The I-Cubed programme, delivered by DIT Hothouse is the ideal platform to help you launch a successful business.
The programme, now in its third year, offers a powerful package of supports that will help create and drive your business towards success. I-Cubed runs over the summers months, finishing the first week of September. It will provide DIT students (undergraduate and postgraduate) with the expertise and funding to work on their early stage businesses.
- Seed funding of between €4,000 and €5,000 will be awarded to each participant.
- World class mentoring and support to aid your progress.
- Free Office Space
Practicing what we preach through the application of lean principles, the team strives for perfection and have iterated the program to provide even greater value to DIT’s aspiring entrepreneurs.
This year at least five participants will be accepted into the programme.
Participants will be housed in the brand new, purpose built Greenway Hub in Grangegorman.
Sucessful applicants will participate in 11 workshops from leading experts on topics such as, the Lean Canvas, Strategy, Marketing, Finance and many more.
This year the programme is being led by three time serial entrepreneur Neal O’Gorman. With two of those startups, Tsunami Photonics and Artomatix, being University spin-outs Neal appreciates the mindset and challenges student entrepreneurs will encounter.
As I-Cubed 2017 & 2018 programme lead, and current Director of the Founder Institute, Neal helps up-and-coming entrepreneurs validate that they are addressing an actual problem that is worth solving for both the customer and the entrepreneur.
Participants will have weekly one-on-one mentoring sessions with Neal, where he’ll share his experience with identifying problem-solution fit, performing customer discovery, achieving product-market fit, perfecting their elevator pitches, iterating on their business models and raising investment to name just a few.
- At least one full-time team member to be a current student of DIT, or to be a recent graduate i.e graduated within the last 12 months
- Ideally the business proposal should have international potential
- Places are granted based on the viability of the business idea and the demonstrated commitment to make it a reality.
- The ideal applicant should be available to focus solely on their project for the duration of the programme
As you can not save the application, we recommend you submit and then edit your submission to further perfect your application.