Update Your Academic Qualifications
User Guide Updating Qualifications
You will need the following...
1. Your login details:
- Your six digit personnel number
- Your Pin
First Time Users
If you are a first time user of the CorePortal system the default Pin is set to your date of birth in DDMMYY format. Once you login you will then be asked to set a private pin for access purposes.
PIN numbers should not be divulged to anyone and it is every staff members responsibility to keep the PIN private. If there is any doubt about the privacy of the PIN it can be immediately changed within the system. It is recommended that the “PIN” is a unique and secure string of numbers/letters. IS would recommend a complex string of characters and numerical values in both upper and lower cases such as Pa$Phra$3. Pins such as 1111 or 1234 should be avoided. The new PIN must be between 4 and 9 characters and must have at least 1 number.
2. Your qualification details:
- Start date
- Completion date
- Qualification (NFQ level of the award)*
- Name of Institute/University attended*
- Course name*
- Date qualification was awarded
- Graduation date
- Conferral date
- Result obtained
- Awarding Body
(* Mandatory fields)
For information regarding NFQ Levels please refer to http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/FanDiagram/nqai_nfq_08.html
3. Send HR your qualification:
Please note that where new Education details are added to CorePersonnel Self Service please forward original copies to HR where a copy will be taken and the original returned. HR will carry out regular audits of qualifications added to the system and if a copy is not on file will request it.
You can only access CorePortal from within a DIT Campus
- If you have any technical queries or issues logging into Core Portal please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your Institute is not listed please contact HR with details of the Institute and HR will update the list. Please contact email@example.com