Information for Current International Students

The Office of Campus Life aims to provide high quality, responsive and integrated student support services. The Office also has the overarching aim of creating an excellent student experience for students at TU Dublin.

The Campus Life webpage is available here: Campus Life

The different services offered include:

‌  ‌ ‌  

‌   ‌   

‌   ‌  


Student Service Centres are located in TU Dublin Aungier Street, TU Dublin Bolton Street and TU Dublin Grangegorman.

They can assist you with your queries in the same way as the International Office, 

  • Letters of Registration
  • Stamping of forms
  • Issuing of Student ID Cards (and replacements)
  • Advice on registering for your programme and paying fees
  • Technical assistance when selecting modules on-line
  • Forms for repeating internally/externally
  • Administration of Deferral/Withdrawal requests

Further information can be found on the   website.

If you are resident in Ireland on a study visa (GNIB Stamp 2) you are permitted to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during term time. During holiday periods you will be allowed to work full time or up to 40 hours per week.

In order to work in Ireland you need to have a Personal Public Service Number (PPSN). Information on applying for a PPSN can be found here.


All students that hold a passport from a non-EEA country are required to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (or GNIB) for each year of study. This must be completed within the alloted duration of stay allocated to you by the immigration officer on arrival in Ireland, or before the expiry of your current registration, regardless of whether you required a visa for entry.

Failure to register or re-register could result in deportation. You need to follow these steps to register with the GNIB:

  • Register with TU Dublin and obtain your student card
  • Request a Confirmation of Registration letter from the Student Service Centres
  • Print out your Medical Insurance Certificate from your TU Dublin email address once recieved.
  • Bring these documents, your passport, Evidence of financial support, and the fee of €350* (pay by credit/debit card) to the GNIB Office
  • You should be issued with a “Stamp 2” residence permit. If not contact the International Office immediately.

Re-Entry Visa

Should you plan to travel within Europe during your time in Ireland, and you are visa required for entry to Ireland, you will also need to obtain a re-entry visa from the GNIB. Information on Re-Entry visas and applying for same can be found here. This is supplemental to your usual GNIB registration.

A single re-entry visa is currently €60* and a multiple re-entry visa is €100*.

*The fee is subject to change without notification

Third Level Graduation Scheme

If you have recently completed your level 8 or level 9 degree in the TU Dublin and wish to apply for the "Third Level Graduate Scheme" visa you will need to provide evidence of successful completion of the programme (Letter from the School or Examinations Office) showing you are due to graduate. You will need to confirm your own medical insurance for the next registration also.

Tenancy relates the agreement or contract you have with a landlord for your long term accommodation in Ireland. It is imperitive that you are aware of your rights under this agreement. Information on tenancy law in Ireland can be found under Citizens Information.

As you progress through your programme, register and pay your fees each year, the new Medical Certificate will be requested for you. The Certificate will be sent to your TU Dublin email address two weeks after registration.

Students who complete their programme and wish to avail of the "Third Level Graduate Scheme" visa will need to organise their own Medical Insurance for that year.


Should you wish to defer your programme for one year you will need to follow the institute procedure as outlined by Student Services. More information can be found here. 

If you have failed a module/class or year and need to repeat it there are certain steps you need to take.

Information on Repeating can be found under Student Services webpages.


Information will be posted here shortly