Science Research Resources
- To access the eJournals, eBooks and Databases and well as your library account from outside the DIT network see the Off Campus Access link for more information.
- Exam papers: access point and information for online papers
- Programme documents access point.
- Book Borrowing and Renewals: information for students.
- Final Year Projects from previous years are kept at the library desk. Click here for your course listing.
- See also the specific Subject Links pages for the Sciences, including Biological & Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Maths. Nutrition, Physics and Optometry. Subject resources appropriate for undergraduate and postgraduate level are listed here.
- A full list of Kevin St Library science links is at http://delicious.com/tags/KevinStLibrary
- Try the Pinakes Subject Gateway., Kevin St Library Guides and the following sources:
|Arxiv Eprints||NIST Codata: Physical & Chemical Constants||Merck Index||SciCentral|
Subject Databases for Science
|Academic Search Complete||Knovel Library||IOP Science|
|Applied Sci & Tech Index||Medline/Pubmed||Science Direct|
|Oxford Reference||Web of Knowledge|
Databases for Postgrads & Researchers
|Journal Citation Reports||Proquest Dissertations & Theses: Worldwide|
|Proquest Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland||Papers Invited|
What does Summon search? Summon is a search engine that provides relevance ranked results from DIT Library's online collections in a one single search. It includes records and citations from the DIT Library's databases, eJournals eBooks and theses collections.
Summon and Google Scholar search different bodies of scholarly content. There is overlap, but there is content in Summon not in Google Scholar, and vice-versa. Results in Summon are reflective of DIT Library's collections — as a DIT Library patron, you have access to most full-text you can find in Summon.
Some features unique to Google Scholar:
- "Cited by” information e.g. “Cited by 43 publications"
- Google Books content
- Issues accessing full-text not subscribed to by DIT Library. See Inter Library Loans for more information.
- Set your Google Scholar Preferences to Dublin Institute of Technology Find @DIT to link to DIT subscribed full-text.
Science Search Engines
- DIT's IR is Arrow and contains the full text of DIT's research theses and publications.
- Registry of Open Access Repositories on a global level is available at ROAR
- RIAN The Irish Research Portal includes research output from the seven Irish universites and DIT
- Research Scope is a gateway to open access research in Ireland including TARA, LENUS and the RCSI
- DART-Europe E-Thesis Portal gives access to nearly 160,000 full-text research theses from 276 Universities sourced from 17 European countries
A collection of titles for study skills, writing for science, doing presentations, research and doing projects in available in Kevin St Library in Stack 10 at the 808 shelf number. The following links are also useful.
Referencing, Citing & Endnote
Bbliographic citation software allows you to store, share and organise your references using a choice of citation styles.