Social Sciences Databases
Click on the titles below to link directly to that database
Some databases require a username and password, you can find details of the necessary log ins here
- Academic Search Complete features thousands of full-text journals, offering unmatched coverage of information spanning a broad range of important areas of academic study. Online tutorials are available under the Help section of this database.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index covers a variety of fields of study. Areas indexed include art, archaeology, architecture, philosophy, radio, television and film, theatre, language and literature. Online tutorials are available under the Training and Support section of this database.
- Australian Education Index contains current literature relating to Australian education. The index covers material from 1976 to the present day
- British Education Index provides information on the contents of over 300 education and training journals published in Britain
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Centre produced by the U.S. Department of Education. Provides access to journal articles and other materials relating to the subject of education. Coverage is from 1966 onwards. Click here for a tutorial on how to use this database *Please note there is currently a problem with access to full-text articles in ERIC. Please see the library for more information*
- Lenus The Irish Health Repository captures, distributes and preserves digital research products. Here you can find articles, working papers, preprints, technical reports, conference papers and data sets in various digital formats
- PsycINFO contains citations and summaries of written literature in the field of psychology and related disciplines. Journal coverage is from 1800's to the present. Online tutorials are available under the Help section of this database.
- Science Direct database offering access to a wide variety journals and books with scientific, technical and medical content. It covers areas such as criminal justice, education, social science, medicine, health care and psychology. Click here for a guide on how to use this database
- Social Sciences Citation Index - SSCI database indexing over 1,725 journals in a wide range of subjects. Online tutorials are available under the Training and Support section of this database.
- SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for 746 journals dating back to 1908.This database also includes full text for more than 800 books and monographs, and full text for 11,991 conference papers. Online tutorials are available under the Help section of this database.