- Use reliable websites such as those listed in accommodation
- Do not send money in advance
- Recommended areas: Ranelagh, Rathmines, Harolds'cross, Rathfarnam, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Clonskeagh, Terenure, Drumcondra, Donnybrook
- Deal directly with the landlord, not the lease holder
- Sign a contract/lease with the landlord. This will give you some guarantee should you want your deposit back.
- Consider buying a bicycle from a shop who will buy it back from you at the end of the year.
- Check this document for contact details for the Crime Victims Helpline, the Rape Crises Network, the Irish Tourist Assistance Service, the Court Support Services