DIT Biophotonics Recent Publications
1. Bonnier F, Meade AD, Merzha S, Knief P, Bhattacharya K, Lyng FM, Byrne HJ Three dimensional collagen gels as a cell culture matrix for the study of live cells by Raman spectroscopy. Analyst. 2010 Apr 30. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Meade AD, Clarke C, Draux F, Sockalingum GD, Manfait M, Lyng FM, Byrne HJ, A study of chemical fixation effects in human cell lines using micro-Raman spectroscopy, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2010 Jan 20. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Paul Bassan, Achim Kohler, Harald Martens, Joe Lee, Hugh J. Byrne, Paul Dumas, Ehsan Gazi, Michael Brown, Noel Clarke and Peter Gardner, Resonant Mie Scattering (RMieS) Correction of Infrared Spectra from Highly Scattering Biological Samples Analyst, Analyst 135, 268 - 277 (2010)
4. M. J. Baker, C. Clarke, D. Démoulin, J. M. Nicholson, F. M. Lyng, H. J. Byrne, C. A. Hart, M. D. Brown, N. W. Clarke and P. Gardner, An investigation of the RWPE prostate derived family of cell lines using FTIR spectroscopy, Analyst, 2010 135(5):887-9
5. Meade AD, Byrne HJ, Lyng FM, Spectroscopic and Chemometric Approaches to Radiobiological Analyses, Mutation Research Review 2010 704(1-3):108-114
6. Meade AD, Clarke C, Byrne HJ, Lyng FM, Fourier Transform Infrared microspectroscopy and multivariate methods for biological dosimetry Radiation Research 2010 173(2):225-37.
7. C. Petibois and H.J. Byrne, First International Conference on Imaging Techniques with Synchrotron Radiation, Meeting Report, Synchrotron Radiation News, 22, 39-40 (2009)
8. Paul Bassan, Hugh J. Byrne, Franck Bonnier, Joe Lee, Paul Dumas, Peter Gardner, Resonant Mie scattering in Infrared spectroscopy of biological materials - understanding the dispersion artefact, Analyst, 134, 1586-1593 (2009)
9. Paul Bassan, Hugh J. Byrne, Joe Lee, Frank Bonnier, Colin Clarke, Paul Dumas, Ehsan Gazi, Michael D Brown, Noel W Clarke, Peter Gardner, Reflection contributions to the dispersion artefact in FTIR spectra of single biological cells, Analyst,134, 1171 - 1175 (2009)
10. P. Knief, C. Clarke, E. Herzog, M. Davoren, F. M. Lyng, A. D. Meade, and H. J. Byrne, Raman spectroscopy – a potential platform for the rapid measurement of carbon nanotube-induced cytotoxicity," Analyst 2009 134(6):1182-91.
11. A.D. Meade, F.M. Lyng, P. Knief and H.J. Byrne (2007), Growth substrate induced functional changes elucidated by FTIR and Raman spectroscopy in in-vitro cultured human keratinocytes. Analytical and BioAnalytical Chemistry 387 (5 ) 1717-1728
12. F.M. Lyng , E. Ó Faoláin, J. Conroy, A. Meade, P. Knief, B. Duffy, M.B. Hunter, J.M. Byrne, P. Kelehan and H.J. Byrne (2007), Vibrational Spectroscopy for Pathology, from biochemical analysis to diagnostic tool, Experimental and Molecular Pathology 82 (2) 121-129
13. Ó Faoláin E, Hunter M, Byrne J, Kelehan P, Byrne HJ, Lyng FM, A study examining the effects of tissue processing on human tissue sections using vibrational spectroscopy. Vibrational Spectroscopy 38 (1-2): 121-127 2005
14. Ó Faoláin E, Hunter M, Byrne J, Kelehan P, Lambkin H, Byrne HJ, Lyng FM, Raman spectroscopic investigation of the efficacy of current paraffin wax section dewaxing agents. J Histochem Cytochem 53, 121-129 2005