DIT Societies Cheque Presentation 2012
25th July 2012: A huge congratulations to all involved in the DIT Societies End of Year Charity Cheque Presentation 2012. It was held on the 1st of June, in the Coutyard Restaurant in Aungier St. A special thanks to President Norton for attending the ceremony, over 30,000 euro was presented to a host of different charities, including;
- The Capuchin Day Centre http://homeless.ie/Capuchin_Day_Centre/Welcome.html
- AWARE http://www.aware.ie/
- Wells for Zoe http://www.wellsforzoe.org/
- United Nations Foundation http://www.unfoundation.org/
- The Irish Cancer Society http://www.cancer.ie/
- Mozambique Eyecare Centre http://mozeyecare.org/
- The DIT Foundation http://www.dit.ie/ditfoundation/
A tremendous amount of work was done throughout the year from a host of different societies, from bucket collections, to bake sales, to sponsored cyclothons, to table quizzes, to fashion shows, to bra walks, to social events, to Christmas carolling, to name but a few!
In these testing times a huge emphasis is put on giving something back to the local and not so local communities, and we were delighted to have so many representatives of the groups present on the day, including Bro Kevin from the Capuchin Day Centre who gave a rousing talk to all students that were present on the day.
Thank you to all who were involved in such a successful year and we are looking forward to raising even more money and more awareness for such needy causes in 2012-2013.