Irish Transport Research Network 2016 – registration openPosted: 19 May, 2016
Registration is now open for ITRN2016, taking place on the new DIT Grangegorman Campus on the 31st August (workshop only) and 1st / 2nd of September 2016.
Registration is now open for ITRN2016, the 2016 Conference of the Irish Transport Research Network, taking place at DIT Grangegorman on the 31st August (workshop only) and 1st / 2nd of September 2016.
TO REGISTER FOR ITRN2016: http://itrn2016.eventbrite.com
ITRN is an opportunity for industry, agencies, non-government organisations & academia to promote, share and discuss current issues and latest developments in the field of transportation. The theme of the 2016 conference is: -
Transport Policies for the Future – Learning from the Past
This year's conference will include: -
- a keynote address by Anne Graham, CEO, National Transport Authority
- a keynote address by Jarrett Walker, author of Human Transit - How Clearer Thinking about Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives. Jarrett Walker consults internationally in public transport network design and blogs at www.humantransit.org
- a workshop in public transport network design, by eminent international expert, Jarrett Walker
- more than 40 research papers from Irish- and international-based researchers
- Horizon 2020 research update from Enterprise Ireland National Delegate & Contact Point for Smart, Green and Integrated Transport, Dr. Bob Flynn
- a tour of DIT Grangegorman Campus and smarter campus travel initiatives
- a display of cargo-, fold-up and electric bikes with a chance to demo some of these around the car-free Grangegorman campus, courtesy of “The Bike Institute”, Dorset Street, Dublin 1
- a display of vehicles from 1916 to the present and the future
- a demonstration of the Grangegorman campus Photovoltaic Charging Station for light-weight electric vehicles
- a closing panel discussion on "Transport Policies for the Future"
- conference dinner on board the MV Cill Airne, Dublin Docklands
- Budget accommodation available at the JB Student Campus, Navan Road. For reservations contact: http://www.studenthousing.ie/JBs-Student-Campus.html [reference “ITRN2016” for special conference rate]
For updates & more information on ITRN2016 visit www.itrn.ie or contact ITRN2016@dit.ie
ITRN 2016 would like to thank our main event sponsors, the National Transport Authority. ITRN 2016 is a not-for-profit event whose purpose is to encourage research and disseminate knowledge in the transport sector in Ireland.
TO REGISTER FOR ITRN2016 CLICK HERE