DIT hosts Workshop in Public Transport Network DesignPosted: 13 July, 2016
DIT will host a workshop in Public Transport Network Design in advance of the 2016 Conference of the Irish Transport Research Network (ITRN2016).
The Workshop will take place at DIT Grangegorman on the 31st August 2016 from 10am – 5pm, and will be conducted by eminent international expert Jarrett Walker. As there are limited places available you are invited to register now at:
Jarrett Walker is author of Human Transit - How Clearer Thinking about Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives and consults internationally in public transport network design. Describing the workshop he says that “Transit Network Design: an Interactive Short Course” is designed to give anyone a grasp of how network design works. Jarrett blogs at www.humantransit.org.
The ITRN2016 conference takes place on 01/02 September, also at DIT Grangegorman. The theme of the 2016 conference is: -
Transport Policies for the Future – Learning from the Past and the programme includes:
- a keynote address by Anne Graham, CEO, National Transport Authority
- a keynote address by Jarrett Walker, author of Human Transit - How Clearer Thinking about Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives. Jarrett Walker consults internationally in public transport network design and blogs at www.humantransit.org
- more than 40 research papers from Irish- and international-based researchers
- Horizon 2020 research update from Enterprise Ireland National Delegate & Contact Point for Smart, Green and Integrated Transport, Dr. Bob FlynN
- A tour of DIT Grangegorman Campus and smarter campus travel initiatives
- a display of cargo-, fold-up and electric bikes with a chance to demo some of these around the car-free Grangegorman campus, courtesy of “The Bike Institute”, Dorset Street, Dublin 1
- a display of vehicles from 1916 to the present and the future
- a demonstration of the Grangegorman campus Photovoltaic Charging Station for light-weight electric vehicles
- a closing panel discussion on "Transport Policies for the Future"
- conference dinner on board the MV Cill Airne, Dublin Docklands
- Budget accommodation available at the JB Student Campus, Navan Road. For reservations contact:http://www.studenthousing.ie/JBs-Student-Campus.html [reference “ITRN2016” for special conference rate]
For updates & more information on ITRN2016 visit www.itrn.ie or contact ITRN2016@dit.ie
ITRN 2016 would like to thank our main event sponsors, the National Transport Authority. ITRN 2016 is a not-for-profit event whose purpose is to encourage research and disseminate knowledge in the transport sector in Ireland.
TO REGISTER FOR ITRN2016 CLICK HERE
ITRN2016 is an opportunity for industry, agencies, non-government organisations & academia to promote, share and discuss current issues and latest developments in the field of transportation. ITRN2016 would like to thank our main event sponsors, the National Transport Authority. For updates & more information about ITRN2016 visit www.itrn.ie or contact: ITRN2016@dit.ie.
TO Register for the Public Transport Network Design Workshop
and / or ITRN2016 CLICK HERE