Masters in Business Administration
Part time - DT348
Dr. Katrina Lawlor
College of Business
College of Business DIT Aungier Street, Dublin 2
T: 01 402 7073
F: 01 402 3076
Part Time - 2 Years
Closing date for application forms: July 2013 The MBA team meet with all interested parties on an individual basis to discuss the programme in detail and to examine whether it suits their needs.
The DIT MBA programme is designed for experienced managers who want to advance into more senior roles, or perhaps run their own company. The programme offers a comprehensive grounding in core functional areas, while also focusing on a number of key themes including: entrepreneurship, management, leadership, strategy, innovation, global business operations and sustainability.
|Course Content||Structure of Programme|
|Core:||13 core modules of 5 ECTS credits each.|
|Major Project:||A consultancy project based on a company specific challenge.|
|Electives:||3 elective modules.|
|International Study Week:||Developed in conjunction with partner universities. Locations will vary depending on current market conditions.|
|Induction Programme:||This will include, team work, library & resource management and a range of soft skills: presentation skills, leadership, communication, self-awareness.|
|Career & Professional Development Programme:||
An extensive programme running throughout the duration of the MBA programme. The range of offerings in this area includes: communication and presentation skills; team working skills; consultancy skills; influencing and negotiation skills;personal effectiveness; management skills; and career / professional development
Assessment is based on a combination of individual and group assignments, plus written exams. Students are encouraged to apply newly acquired knowledge and skills in the context of their organisation.
DIT Aungier Street, Dublin 2
Timetable / Hours
Formal class work will normally take place on Friday afternoons/ evenings (3pm – 7pm/9.30pm) and Saturday mornings (9am – 1pm). Additional seminars may occasionally run outside of these hours.
- An NQAI level 8 Bachelors Degree (Hons) at 2.2 or above, in any discipline (or equivalent professional qualification)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant Management experience
- Two written references – one academic attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates who do not hold an honours degree or equivalent may be considered.
- A minimum of 7.0 on IELTS for those whom English is not their first language.
- Non EU applicants must have documentary proof of Irish residency or an Irish work permit to be eligible to apply. It is the responsibility of the candidate to maintain such eligibility across the life cycle of the programme.
Interviews with representatives of the programme committee will form a part of the selection process. Candidates may also be required to present a satisfactory result in the Graduate Management Admission Test (G.M.A.T). http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT
- Postgraduate Studies Application Form.
- MBA Programme Application Form
- NOTE: Both the postgraduate application form AND the MBA application form must be completed at time of application.
- Four passport photographs, attached to application form. (Please sign back of all photographs and note course code – DT348 - on same).
- An application fee of €30.00 in the form of a postal order or bank draft, made payable to Dublin Institute of Technology and submitted with the application form.
Graduates will be eligible for the award of ‘Masters in Business Administration’ (MBA) from the Dublin Institute of Technology, a level 9 award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Dublin Institute of Technology awards are internationally recognised.
Frequently Asked Questions
EU Fees for 2012/2013
For information on part time postgraduate fees for 2012/13 please click here.
For information on funding please click on the following link: Fees and Funding