Returning Students – Renewing your Grant
Returning students who are applying to get their grant renewed will be requested by grant authorities to provide evidence that you are eligible to re-register on your programme in September 2012. Returning students should present your “web registration email” which will be sent to your DIT email address from mid August 2012.
Important Points to note re Grants
- All students must provide a grant award letter each year before DIT can remove the liability for fees due from the student - Please send this directly to the Fees and Income Office or the Student Services Centres. Please ensure that you retain a copy of your award letter as we cannot return letters.
- Students must liaise directly with their VEC/Local Authority regarding their grant award. DIT do not liaise with 3rd Parties on students behalf regarding individual grant awards
- Students must ensure that they complete the process by accepting the grant with the awarding body. Some awarding bodies will attach a Grant Acceptance Form which must be returned to ensure the grant is paid
Maintenance Grant Schemes
Many Full Time students attending DIT are eligible for assistance with the Student Contribution Charge and Tuition fees. A number of schemes exist and more detailed information can be found by clicking on the links below:
- Grant Schemes - Full Time Level 6, 7, 8 & 9 Programmes
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) - All Full Time Programmes
If you are in receipt of a TLT Maintenance Grant (Level 6 and 7 Programmes only - i.e. Higher Certificate, Certificate, Ordinary Level Degree), you must ensure that:
- You have registered for your Programme through the Web Registration system
- You have updated your Bank Account details through the Web Registration system
- You have submitted your Letter of Award from your Awarding Body (VEC or Local Authority)to your Student Service Centre or Fees Office as soon as you receive it to allow us update your grant record (if we don't have your letter we still think you owe us fees!)
The TLT Maintenance Grant process must comply with strict cut-off dates which will affect your payments. A list of important dates is available here.
Higher Education Grants
The Higher Education Grants Scheme covers Level 8- Honours Degree and Level 9 - Postgraduate Awards. Level 8 programmes are included in the Free Fees Scheme. Level 9 Programmes are not included in the Free Fees Scheme.
If you are in receipt of a Higher Education Grant , you must ensure that:
- You have registered for your programme through the Web Registration system
- You have submitted your Letter of Award from your Awarding Body (VEC or Local Authority) to your Student Service Centre or Fees and Income Office as soon as you receive it to allow us update your grant record (if we don't have your letter we still think you owe us fees!)
- You have paid the Balance, if any owed, on your tuition fee (Level 9 Awards only where grant does not cover Full Tuition amount)
Higher Education Grants are either:
Paid directly to a student's bank account by the Awarding Body
Sent by Cheque to DIT to be distributed to students
Students being paid by cheque will be advised by email (to their DIT student email account) when their cheque is available for collection. If you have not received an email from DIT, we have not received a cheque from your Awarding Body and you should contact them directly with any queries. Please note that in order to receive your cheque you must ensure that we have received and processed your grant award letter. It is the students responsibility to ensure that they send this letter to the correct DIT centre each year. Cheques will not be released to students who have not provided award letters.