RESC Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Nugent S.M., Lyng F.M., Seymour C, McClean B, Mothersill CE, Murphy JE Increased mitochondrial mass in cells with functionally compromised mitochondria post exposure to both direct radiation and bystander factors. Radiat Res. 2007 168(1):134-42.
2. A.D. Meade, F.M. Lyng, P. Knief and H.J. Byrne (2007), Growth substrate induced functional changes elucidated by FTIR and Raman spectroscopy in in-vitro cultured human keratinocytes. Analytical and BioAnalytical Chemistry 387 (5 ) 1717-1728
3. Maguire P, Seymour C, Mothersill C, Lyng FM (2007) Modulation of radiation responses by pre-exposure to irradiated cell conditioned medium. Radiation Research 167 (4) 485-492
4. F.M. Lyng , E. Ó Faoláin, J. Conroy, A. Meade, P. Knief, B. Duffy, M.B. Hunter, J.M. Byrne, P. Kelehan and H.J. Byrne (2007), Vibrational Spectroscopy for Pathology, from biochemical analysis to diagnostic tool, Experimental and Molecular Pathology 82 (2) 121-129
5. Nugent SME, Mothersill CE, Seymour C, McClean B, Lyng FM and Murphy JEJ (2007), Increased mitochondrial mass in cells with functionally compromised mitochondria post exposure to both direct radiation and bystander factors. Radiation Research 168 (1) 134-142
6. Herzog, E., Casey, A., Lyng, F.M., Chambers, G., Byrne H.J., Davoren, M. A new approach to the toxicity testing of carbon-based nanomaterials—The clonogenic assay. 2007. Toxicology Letters 174, 49-60.
7. Casey, A., Herzog, E., Davoren, M., Lyng, F.M., Byrne H.J., Chambers, G. Spectroscopic analysis confirms the interactions between single walled carbon nanotubes and various dyes commonly used to assess cytotoxicity. 2007. Carbon 45, 1425-1432.
8. Davoren, M., Herzog, E., Casey, A., Cottineau, B., Chambers, G., Byrne, H.J., Lyng, F.M. In vitro toxicity evaluation of single walled carbon nanotubes on human A549 lung cells. 2007. Toxicology in Vitro 21, 438-448
9. Casey, A., Davoren, M., Herzog, E., Lyng, F.M.,Byrne, H.J., Chambers, G.. Probing the interaction of single walled carbon nanotubes within cell culture medium as a precursor to toxicity testing. 2007. Carbon 45, 34-40.
10. M Devereux, D O’Shea, M O’Connor, H Grehan, G Connor, M McCann, G Rosair, F Lyng, A Kellett, M Walsh, D Egan and B Thati (2007), Synthesis, catalase, superoxide dismutase and antitumour activities of Copper(II) carboxylate complexes incorporating benzimidazole, 1,10-phenanthroline and bipyridine ligands. Polyhedron 26 (15) 4073-4084
11. Gueven N, Becherel O.J, Howe O, Chen P, haince J-F, Oueller M, Poirier G, Waterhouse N, Fuber M, Epe B, Murcia J M, de Murcia G, McGowen C, Parton R, Mothersill C, Grattan-Smith P, Lavin M.F. (2007) A novel form of ataxia ocumomotor apraxia characterised by oxidative stress and apoptosis resistance. Cell Death Differentiation, 14(6): 1149-1161.