Fiosraigh Research Scholarship Programme 2013
Fiosraigh Research Student Internship Awards
Dublin Institute of Technology strongly encourages PhD student mobility by granting awards for internships/work-placements. Internship awards are granted particularly to encourage mobility between DIT and enterprise but also between DIT and another Higher Education Institution.
Internship awards are granted for:
- Participation in a doctoral course of a recognized non-Irish university or scientific institution provided that participation in the course adds value to the final thesis;
- Academic research for the thesis at a recognized non-Irish university, scientific institution or enterprise.
There will be a maximum of 8 awards per annum, 2 in each of the following research thematic areas:
- Environment and Health
- Information and Media Technologies
- New Materials and Technologies
- Society, Culture and Enterprise
Successful candidates will be awarded €2,000 towards expenses for travel to a recognized non-Irish university, scientific institution or enterprise.
For the full terms and conditions of the programme please see the Fiosraigh Scholarship Programme 2013: Terms and Conditions
Awards will be made on the basis of a defined proposal for the work to be carried out during the internship with specified outputs. All applications must be submitted using the Research Student Internship Award Application Form and must have the support of the lead supervisor, and of the university, scientific institution or enterprise where the internship will be carried out. The completed Application Form should be saved in PDF format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, June 10th 2013.