Research projects will require a certain level of expenditure which can vary significantly depending on the nature of the research being carried out. In addition all graduate students are required to pay registration fees.
Students can self-fund all the costs above if they are in a position to do so. However, some projects are not suitable for self-funded students as they will require a high level of costs such as laboratory materials which cannot be sustained by a single individual.
Students also need to consider how they will fund their living costs throughout the duration of their research programme.
Scholarship opportunities available to research applicants are as follows:
- TU Dublin Scholarship Programme
- Irish Research Council Funding Schemes
- SUSI Grant Scheme
- Teagasc -The Agricultural and Food Development Authority
- Environmental Protection Agency
- International Governments may also provide funding for their citizens:
- China - see information on the CSC Chinese Scholarship Council