The Department of Spatial Information Sciences offers research opportunites for full-time and part-time students at M.Phil and PhD level.
Download our MPhil/PhD flyer for more information on registration of interest and application procedures.
Currently available research projects at the Department of Spatial Information Sciences
No funded opportunities are currently available at the Department but please contact any staff member to discuss research interests or check with DIT's Graduate Research School for other funded programmes.
For information on obtaining funding for postgraduate research please contact the Office of Graduate Research School for more information.
Recent and active research projects at the Department of Spatial Information Sciences
- Extraction of Physical and Environmental Information for Irish Roads from Airborne Laser Scanner Data (LiDAR-Roads)
- Building Type Classification from Terrestrial Laser Scanning
- Review and assessment of the accuracy of the scientific model used to produce OSGM02
- The Fusion of Airborne Image and Laser Scanning data for the determination of Geomorphological Terrain Models for Flood Management
- Development of algorithms for the identification of building surface types from terrestrial laser scanner return intensity measurements