TU Dublin City Campus Child/Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Statement
TU Dublin City Campus is committed to protection and welfare of all members of its community.
TU Dublin City Campus is a higher education institute offering multi-level education, predominantly at Level 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
In accordance with the requirements of the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Students 2017, the Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017 and Tusla Guidance on the preparation of Child/Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Statements, the Governing Body of TU Dublin City Campus, has agreed the Child Safeguarding Statement set out in this document.
We value and encourage the participation of students in any activity that enhances their educational, physical, emotional, intellectual and social development. We are committed to safeguarding the dignity and rights of all members of its community. We do all in our power to create a safe environment. We cooperate fully with the National Board for Safeguarding Students.
- Foster best practice
- Ensure accountability through establishing effective structures
- Support personnel in safeguarding students
- Respond effectively to allegations and suspicions of abuse
- Report allegations where there is reasonable cause for concern and cooperate with the civil authorities
- Take just and appropriate action
- Take effective measures against future risk of abuse
- Promote healing and reconciliation.