How to Apply
The next intake for the majority of our postgraduate taught programmes will be September 2015. The official application closing date for most of our courses is 30th April 2015. However, many programmes will remain open for applications beyond this date, subject to availability of places.
N.B. Please check the information page of the programme of your choice for application button availability.
The application fee is €45 and is payable by Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express. This is non-refundable. You can apply for more than one postgraduate programme but you are only required to pay this fee once. Please note: When making second and subsequent applications, you should 'Sign in' to your account with your username and password as created for your first application. If you create another 'New Account', you will be asked to pay the €45 again - see "Steps To Making an Online Application" below.
Before starting your online application, please ensure that you have as many supporting documents as possible available to upload to your application.
If you have studied abroad, or are applying from another EU country, you will need to provide clear, legible, colour scanned images of the following document originals:
- If English is not your first language, a recognised certificate of English Language Competency, see English Requirements for DIT
- Official academic transcripts showing all subjects taken and examination results obtained for each year of study, and the final award grade – Please note that these must be original language documents. If available, please also provide a grading system guide from your awarding higher education institution.
- Certified English translations of transcripts, examination results and award cert/s where original documents are not in English.
- A scanned image of the photo page of your passport
PLEASE NOTE: All of the above documents must be scanned originals and must bear the appropriate official signature and the seal/stamp of the institution that issued it.
Additional details you should have available before commencing are an email address, your Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express card, your PPS number (not mandatory for non-Irish applicants), your previous DIT student number if applicable.
If you encounter any difficulty uploading your documents you can scan and email them to email@example.com or post them to: The Postgraduate Admissions Office, Dublin Institute of Technology, 143-149 Rathmines Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6. Please include your online application reference number with any documents you are sending in by email or post.
STEPS TO MAKING AN ONLINE APPLICATION
- Check the postgraduate programmes (full-time or part-time) listing for the programme you wish to apply for. Click on the required programme title which will bring you to the programme information page.
- Click the appropriate ‘Apply Now’ button to access the online application form for this programme.
- If this is your first DIT application click ‘New Account' to create an account. Important: keep a record of your login details - username and password - these will be needed for additional applications. If you already have an account, 'Sign in' with your username and password to make additional applications. If you create a new account each time you make a new application you will be asked to pay the €45 application fee again. If you have forgotten your password, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reset it for you. You will also need your username and password to sign in to your account in order to accept any offers which may be made.
- If you have started your application but are not ready to submit it, click the ‘save and exit’ button. You can re-access your application later by following the same steps as before and sign in with your username and password to proceed.
- Your online application must be completed in full before you click the 'submit' button. Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to alter or add to it. Please take time to read the instructions on each page.
NON EU/INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
There is a separate online applications system for international applicants, if you are an international/Non-EU applicant please apply by clicking the orange ‘NON EU/INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS’ button on the relevant postgraduate programme information page.
If you think you may qualify as an EU applicant, please contact the international office at email@example.com to be fee assessed before you make an application.
To qualify for the EU Rate of Fees, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You are ordinarily resident in the EU and have received full-time post primary education in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission OR
- You are ordinarily resident in the EU and have worked full-time in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission OR
- You hold a passport from an EU state and have received full-time education in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission.
Note: The period that Non-EU students are resident in Ireland on Study Visas does not contribute towards the residency requirement in relation to fee assessment at DIT.
Please note applicants on a Stamp 2 student visa are not eligible to study part time in DIT. For further information please see the International Student Office Webpage