Advanced Entry 2013
What is Advanced Entry?
Advanced Entry is where an applicant has previous work experience and/or educational achievements that are considered directly relevant to the programme they wish to apply for. In such a case, it is possible to gain entry to the second or subsequent year of an Undergraduate programme in DIT.
Are Advanced Entry places available in all programmes?
Advanced Entry places are available in a large number of programmes across all Colleges in DIT. Details of the programmes with places available for 2013 can be found by clicking here.
How do I make an Advanced Entry application?
Apply using the online application. The “Apply now” button can be located on the top right of each programme description. To view the full list of undergraduate programmes click here.
Please note, it is important to attach all relevant supporting documentation with your online application, including detailed exam results and details of relevant work experience, CV, etc.
Are International Students eligible for Advanced Entry?
International Non-EU applicants who wish to be considered for Advanced Entry must apply directly through the International Student Office using the appropriate application form.
Please note: If you are unsure of your status, please contact the International Student Office before filling out the Advanced Application form.
What is the deadline for submitting a 2013 Advanced Entry application form?
The deadline for receipt of application forms is close of business on 26th April 2013.
Please note: DT533 Visual & Critical Studies: For further information on programme content, go to http://bavacs.blogspot.com/
Are late applications being accepted?
For the majority of programmes the answer is yes, although applicants must be aware that their application may not be processed as the priority goes to applicants who met the deadline.
Please note: If the "Apply Now into 2nd/3rd/4th Year" button is not visable for the programme you wish to apply for, please contact the relevant School directly to see if they will accept a late application.
How are Advanced Entry applications evaluated?
Advanced Entry applications are assessed on the basis of availability of places in the relevant programme year and merit. The following are some examples of Advanced Entry:-
- Applicants who have partially completed a third-level programme at a Higher Education Institution may be considered for Advanced Entry to a related DIT degree programme at an appropriate level.
- Applications will also be considered from applicants with extensive work experience from an area relevant to a DIT degree programme.
- HETAC higher certificate (or equivalent) with distinction/merit, will be considered for third year of a related DIT ordinary degree.
- HETAC higher certificate pass with work experience, will be considered for third year of a related DIT ordinary degree.
- HETAC ordinary degree with merit, will be considered for third year of a related honours degree at DIT.
- Applicants with FETAC Level 6 or equivalent will be considered for entry to Year 2 of a related DIT ordinary degree programme.
Further information is available from
DIT Admissions Office
143-149 Lower Rathmines Road
Tel: +353 1 402 3302