Finding Out About Programmes and Careers
There are many sources of information, some of a general nature, some more specific which will help give you an insight into different careers and the related third-level programmes. Examples include:
- DIT Open Day (view our Open Day webpage - http://www.dit.ie/openday/ )
- DIT website (www.dit.ie)
- Guidance Counsellors, School Principals, Subject Teachers
- DIT Prospectus and Faculty Booklets
- Television Programmes/Radio Programmes
- Books, Pamphlets, Videos in your School or Public Library
- Careers Exhibitions/Seminars
- The publications of professional institutes and societies such as accountancy bodies, engineering institutions, etc.
- Newspaper articles
- Open Days.
- Make contact with people of your own acquaintance who are already qualified and working in a job area of interest to you and who can talk with you about their own experiences.