This module is about managing the key element of the client relationship - customer service.
- Communications and customer complaints, complaint strategies
- Trends in hospitality and customer care management
- Monitoring customer satisfaction levels - how do your hospitality/tourism/leisure/event organisations do it?
- Handling challenging customers - key strategies
- Introduction to the importance of customer care management in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industries
- Delivering a customer focused service - moments of truth
- Training for customer service management
- Analysis of why organisations lose business
- Team - building for customer care management - the importance of the team
- Managing customers and expectations - who are the customers?
- Getting the message across, communications and customer care management, communicating priorities to staff in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industries
- Using the team to improve customer service and sales in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industries
- The customer service process in the hospitality/tourism/leisure and event industries
- Building customer loyalty
- The people factor
- The Schindlerhof quality case analysis
- The concept of quality and customer care management
- Strategies for monitoring customer service in hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industries
- Customer service and attitude
- Selling and customer service, helping customers make the right choice.
- Making it easy for customers to contact the company
As the number of places is limited, candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied on the application form. Applicants will be notified in early September whether the advertised course will run and informed of the precise schedule of classes.
Under 23 years of age
(a) Irish Leaving Certificate in five subjects. Results must include:
- At least OD3 in Irish OR English
- At least OD3 in Mathematics
- At least Grade OD3 in one of French OR German
(b) an equivalent qualification
Over 23 years of age
Candidates will be considered on a base by case basis.
Examinations / Assessments
Examinations and Assessment
The examinations will be considered for exemption from the equivalent subject on the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Services Management (Programme Code DT451) and/or on the BA in Hospitality Management (Programme Code DT460).
On completion the learner will be able to:
- Illustrate the importance of customer care to the hospitality/ tourism/leisure/event organisations.
- Explain and understand the relevance of customer expectations in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industry.
- Be able to handle different customer’s expectations.
- Identify key strategies for dealing with challenging customers in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industry.
- Manage quality and customer care in the hospitality/tourism/leisure/event industry.
- Develop the business of customer care management.
This module will enhance your career opportunities in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.