The DIT MBA programme (DT348) is designed for experienced managers who want to advance into more senior roles, or perhaps run their own company. The programme offers a comprehensive grounding in core functional areas, while also focusing on a number of key themes including: entrepreneurship, management, leadership, strategy, innovation, global business operations and sustainability.
The DIT MBA is accredited by the Association of MBA's (AMBA). This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education and is earned by only the top 2% of MBA programmes globally.
The DIT MBA is a Part-Time Programme delivered in a flexible format over two years. It is designed to help you respond to the new economic realities and opportunities and offers you a unique opportunity to challenge your thinking, leverage your talents and develop your leadership capability.
Now Enrolling for the September 2017 DIT MBA Programme.
To arrange a meeting with programme management please contact:
Helen Vahey, MBA Development Manager
01 402 7024
To request a brochure click here.
Entry Requirements:• A primary degree from a recognised university in any discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant post graduate work experience including at least 3 years in a managerial or professional capacity.
• Candidates who do not have a primary degree or equivalent professional qualification may be required to submit a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 500.
• At least one written references attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the programme.
• All applicants will be required to attend an interview with programme management.
• A minimum of 7.0 on IELTS for those of whom English is not their first language.
• Non-EU applicants must have documentary proof of Irish residency or an Irish work permit to be eligible to apply (it is the responsibility of the candidate to maintain such eligibility across the life cycle of the programme).
Interviews with representatives of the programme committee will form a part of the selection process.
|DIT MBA Programme Modules|
|Pre Programme Induction and Team Building|
|SEMESTER 1||Modelling and Analysis|
|Sept. - Dec.||Organisation Behaviour and Theory|
|Marketing for Management|
|SEMESTER 2||Leadership and Entrepreneurship|
|Jan. - May||Corporate Finance|
|Management Control and Decision Making|
|MBA Consultancy Project|
|SEMESTER 3||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Sept. – Dec.||Strategic Operations Management|
|Innovation and Commercialisation|
|MBA Consultancy Project|
|International Study Visit|
|Corporate Governance and Ethics|
|SEMESTER 4||Global Strategic Management / Capstone|
|Jan. - May||Elective 1|
|Finish in Sept.||MBA Consultancy Project|
DIT MBA Leadership Development Programme: includes presentation skills, negtiation and influencing skills, time management, critical thinking and careers workshops.
DIT MBA Electives
The elective segment of the MBA allows participants to pick from a range of modules which meet their personal or professional needs. Two of the notable themes in this elective system are innovation and sustainability. This focus is warranted due to the growing interest in these areas and due to their centrality to the new 'Smart Economy'.
Structure of Programme
|Core:||14 core modules of 5 ECTS credits each.|
|Major Project:||A consultancy project based on a company specific challenge of 10 ECTS credits.|
|Electives:||2 elective modules of 5 ECTS credits each.|
|International Study Week:||A week long exploration of business practices in an overseas market developed in conjunction with partner universities.|
|Induction Programme||This will include, team work, library & resource management and a range of soft skills: presentation skills, leadership, communication & self-awareness.|
|Leadership Development Programme (LDP):||An extensive programme running throughout the duration of the DIT MBA. The range of offerings in this area includes: communication and presentation skills; team working skills; consultancy skills; influencing and negotiation skills; personal effectiveness; management skills; and career/professional development.|
This project relfects the applied nature of the DIT MBA programme, providing participants with an opportunity to apply the entire breadth of their learning to a live company challenge.
Participants will be given extensive support in research and consultancy skills throughout the lifetime of the project.
International Study Visit
A core component of the MBA programme, the International Study Visit introduces participants to the range of issues pertinent to conducting business in a foreign market, including cultural, legal and political differences. While in market, participants benefit from a wide range of company visits and discussions with industry practitioners and market experts.
Assessment is based on a combination of individual and group assignments, plus written exams. Students are encouraged to apply newly acquired knowledge and skills in the context of their organisation.
EU Fees *
*The fees outlined for each course are provisional and are subject to change
€18,000, payable as €4,500 per semester (this fee includes the cost of the International Study Visit).
- A primary degree from a recognised university in any discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post graduate work experience including at least 3 years in a managerial or professional capacity.
- Candidates who do not have a primary degree or equivalent professional qualification may be required to submit a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 500.
- At least one written reference attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the programme.
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview with programme management.
- A minimum of 7.0 on IELTS for those of whom English is not their first language.
- Non-EU applicants must have documentary proof of Irish residency or an Irish work permit to be eligible to apply (it is the responsibility of the candidate to maintain such eligibility across the life cycle of the programme).
Interview with representatives of the programme committee will form a part of the selection process.
- Candidates will be required to fill the DIT MBA online application.
- Upload an up to date Curriculum Vitae.
- Upload a copy of all academic transcripts.
- Upload a copy of academic and employment references.
- Upload official IELTS transcript (if required).
- Upload documentary proof of Irish residency (if required).
- Pay €45 online application fee.
For Further Information
MBA Development Manager
College of Business
College of Business DIT Aungier Street, Dublin 2
T: 01 402 7024
F: 01 402 3076
+353 (0)1 402 7024
|DIT MBA - Apply now|
|Request an MBA brochure|
|Request a callback|