Find out more about a career in Digital Marketing at our 'Meet the Grads Event' on Thursday 27th June- register here.
TU Dublin's School of Marketing has developed a new and innovative programme for business graduates who wish to specialise in the area of digital marketing. The Full-Time Masters in Digital Marketing is designed to build participants expertise in three key areas: strategy, analytics, and technology. Graduates working in marketing and business, are learning on the job how to ‘do digital’, this programme will build knowledge, competency and skills that will allow graduates to enter the workforce prepared for digital marketing practice.
Despite the recent reinvigoration of curricula in the area of digital marketing there is still a gap in the market for employers seeking out graduates with extensive grounding in enabling technologies. The Masters in Digital Marketing addresses that need. The work-placement aspect of this exciting new programme allows the participants to build their experience of the digital marketing work environment. This programme is delivered by leading marketing academics, with a wide range of industry engagement – from working with real-client projects to having industry guest speakers in the class room.
Why Study Digital Marketing at TU Dublin?
- Learn the Tools of the Trade- Students gain experience in a wide range of SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics & Cloud) software environments.
- Be in High Demand- TU Dublin Digital Marketing Graduates are highly skilled, work-ready and in high demand in industry
- Enjoy Diverse Work Opportunities- TU Dublin’s Digital Marketing graduates can take their skills to any location or industry, with graduates working for leading companies in Ireland and internationally.
- Be Close to Industry- In addition to work placement in Digital Marketing, students participate in corporate visits, hear from industry speakers and are involved in real life company projects- leaving our graduates work ready
- Increase your Learning and Performance Capabilities- it is proven that smaller class sizes result in more individual attention, increased participation and better communication between student and lecturer.
- Enjoy City Life- a mere two minute walk from St. Stephens Green, the Luas and all main bus routes, TU Dublin City Campus at Aungier Street is truly in the heart of Dublin city.
Benefits For Participants
On completion of this programme graduates will be able to:
- Develop digital marketing strategy informed by the literature and practice from the forefront of the field.
- Critically reflect on current problems, new insights and future trends in the field of digital marketing.
- Show comprehensive understanding of the legal, ethical and social frameworks relevant to the field of digital marketing.
- Demonstrate the ability to research, critique and evaluate a specific element of digital marketing activity through the presentation of a research dissertation.
- Demonstrate critical application of digital marketing techniques, platforms and tools, including novel and emerging techniques.
- Interrogate marketing, analytics, technology, and communications strategy.
- Negotiate and plan for digital marketing research, campaigns, and projects in a variety of unpredictable and ill-defined contexts.
Entry Requirements:Applicants should have a minimum 2.1 honours business degree.
*Other applicants will be considered based on their experience, attitude and aptitude.
English Requirement: IELTS score of 6.5 with nothing less than 6 in each component part.
Note: Due to the considerable competition for our postgraduate programmes satisfying the minimum entry requirement is not a guarantee of a place. Applicants may also be required to attend for interview.
Graduates of the programme will have an exciting variety of career options in marketing and in specialist areas of the field including those that are new and emerging. The local marketing and media industry will be excited to meet our graduates, uniquely skilled in social, mobile, analytics and cloud technology. Graduates can expect to work in such roles as marketing manager, digital marketing specialist, marketing analyst, social media manager, marketing technologist and many more.
The work placement element of the course provides participants with experience relevant to their interests in the field. The dissertation piece is completed in an area that the participant is interested and wishes to build further expertise in. This will prepare graduates for finding the right opportunity to match their new skills and competencies, while empowering them to build their own career progression.
Timetable / Hours
Participants will take 4 modules in semester one, 3 modules in semester 2, and undertake 2 self-pace modules over the duration of the programme. The expected schedule of contact hours will be approximately 15 hours per week. The work-placement aspect of this programme takes place for 6 weeks in semester 2.
A variety of assessment approaches are utilised on this programme to ensure an engaging learning experience.
The Masters in Digital Marketing, a level 9 award on the National Framework of Qualifications, is accredited by Technological University Dublin, a member of the European University Association.
For further information
Dr Tara Rooney
School of Marketing
College of Business
TU Dublin-City Campus, Aungier Street, Dublin 2
T: 01-402 7013
For information on funding please see the following link: Fees and Funding
Non EU Fees click here
*The fees outlined for each course are provisional and are subject to change
"If I were given an opportunity to choose my postgraduate college again, I'd still choose TU Dublin.
The amount of support given from staff and lecturers in TU Dublin was tremendous. With the positive, open culture flowing in the campus, it makes blending in the college environment so much easier, especially for international students like myself.
From likeminded Digital Marketing enthusiast classmates, lecturers with real industry experiences to guest lectures from industry experts, this has been an amazing and intense learning journey so far. This is particularly great as I am an entrepreneur myself; my company grows together with me while I am in TU Dublin.
I'd strongly recommend students who have an interest in Digital Marketing to pursue their studies with TU Dublin. You will be surprised how interesting the course can be while having a good head start to employment with work placement as part of the programme."
Hong Ling Wong
"I graduated from Limerick Institute of Technology with an undergrad in marketing and management. I always knew that I wanted to do a level nine degree so I could be as employable as possible and better myself academically while getting real practical experience.
This MSc offered me just that. With subjects like Marketing technology and Digital Metrics & Analytics I knew I made the correct decision to excel in the industry. I have been exposed to numerous in-class guest speakers from MNC's to Agency who have given real, straight forward insight on what's going on in the industry right now and what employers expect.
We also get to work on live projects such as Gymnastics Ireland for MarTech module and Childiary, where we are using Google analytics to perform an online strategy."
"Prior to undertaking this programme I’ve completed two programmes in TU Dublin. Firstly, I studied a Higher Certificate in Business Management and afterwards a Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS).
Throughout the years I was given the opportunity to study a wide range of marketing related modules and I also conducted my final year dissertation on ‘The Effects of Digital Marketing on Consumer Brand Engagement’ thus I decided pursue my knowledge in the area and undertake the MSc. The reason I chose to further my studies in TU Dublin is that it provides students with both an academic and hands on approach to learning in addition to small interactive classes sizes.
As this is a new course in TU Dublin, the modules are current and very relevant to industry needs and trends. To date we were given the opportunity to work with clients on live projects including Rugby Generation X and Gymnastics Ireland. We have also been given an excellent insight from a range of industry guest speakers including Claire Carroll (Marketing Innovation Lead, Accenture), Hugh Curran (Head of Digital & Social, Atomic), Andrew Murray (Director of Social Media & Content, McCann Blue) and Colin Lewis (CMO Open Jaw Technologies)."