What is... Business Analytics?
- Increase your Learning and Performance Capabilities- it is proven that smaller class sizes result in more individual attention, increased participation and better communication between student and lecturer.
- Learn the Tools of the Trade- Students gain experience in a wide range of software environments, including R, Tableau, SAS and programming languages like Python and Java.
- Be in High Demand- Business Analytics Graduates are highly skilled, work-ready and in high demand in industry
- Enjoy Diverse Work Opportunities- TU Dublin’s Business Analytics graduates can take their skills to any location or industry, with graduates working for AIB, SAP, CitiGroup, PWC, ESB and Pfizer.
- Be Close to Industry- In addition to work placement in 3rd year, students participate in corporate visits, hear from industry speakers and are involved in real life company projects- leaving our graduates work ready
- Enjoy City Life- a mere two minute walk from St. Stephens Green, the Luas and all main bus routes, TU Dublin City Campus at Aungier Street is truly in the heart of Dublin city.
First year students enrolling on this programme who have obtained 500 points or more in their Leaving Certificate will be awarded a first year entrance scholarship of €1,000 in recognition of their outstanding performance in the Leaving Certificate Examination.
What are my... Career opportunities?
The TU Dublin Business Analytics Degree Programme was designed in response to significant demand to industry, according to the World Economic Forum, Data Analysts are expected to be in the Top Ten Jobs in Demand by 2020. TU Dublin Data savvy graduates can take their skills to any location or industry, see below to see the different industries and varying titles. Once established, a business analyst can have control over their working life and location with flexible work arrangement to include remote working
Graduates can look forward to working as a data analyst in;
- Financial companies and Consulting firms
- Specialist software development houses
- Telecommunications firms
- Public sector organisations
- Pharmaceutical/ Healthcare companies
- Manufacturers/ Supply Chain/ Energy
- Data Analyst
- Big data Analyst
- Data Specialist
- Data Engineer
- Management Consultant
- Insight Analyst
- Business Analyst
Learning Outcomes: What will I study?
Business Analytics covers software, database systems, statistical techniques combined with business and management to give students all of the relevant skills to have a successful career focused on data analytics in business
Statistics l Introduction to OO Programming l Quantitative Methods Principles of Management l Technolo Fundamentals l Principles of Marketin l Linear Algebra l Communications & Teamwork l Database Systems l Supply Chain Management
Simulation for Business Analytics l Ti Series Analysis l Marketing Research l Algorithms & Data Structures l Enterprise Database Systems l Project Management l Big Data Concepts
NoSQL Database Systems l Dynamic Programming Languages (Python) l Intelligent Systems l Statistical Programming l Business Decision Making l Business Intelligence l Work Placement
Intelligent Systems l Spatial Analysis l Software Development for Data Acquisition l Development Frameworks for Big Data l Strategic Information Systems l Retail/Supply Chain Analytics l Marketing Analytics l Healthcare Analytics l Final Year Project
Work placement is an integral part of the programme. All students are encouraged to participate in a work placement in year 3 of the programme.
Is there an Advanced Entry Option?
Yes. An application to any year after Year 1 is called Advanced Entry.
- All applications are made through CAO and not directly to us here in TU Dublin. Click here to apply.
- Closing dates for application vary. Most programmes will be open until 30th June but many programmes accept late applications.
- Contact the School directly using details below to ask if a late application will be considered.
Are there study abroad options?
Students are encouraged to take one semester abroad in year 3 as part of TU Dublin's extensive international exchange programme.
T: 01 402 7106 (Dr Hugh O'Donnell, Head of Dept)
T: 01 402 3031 (School Office)