What is... Marketing?
Marketing is the lifeblood of every organisation, big or small. From identifying opportunities and generating insights to developing those products and services to meet the needs of customers and communicating value inside and outside the organisation, the marketing function is crucial in today’s global economy.
What are my... Career Opportunities?
This Certificate programme provides attractive career opportunities in the expanding marketing profession. There is a range of opportunities at junior executive level in areas such as Market Research, Marketing, Promotion, Sales Management and Services Marketing and Merchandising.
What other options do I have after completion?
Students who reach the appropriate level in final examinations and meet subject prerequisites may have access to honours degree programmes in DIT and elsewhere in Higher Education. Please see below for DIT progression options:
DT341 BSc Marketing year 2/3
DT365 BSc Business & Management year 2/3
DT343 BSc Retail & Services Management year 2/3
Any Level 8 programme at the College of Business year 2/3
Learning Outcomes: What will I Study?
This two year programme of study is designed to equip the student with a comprehensive and rigorous grounding in marketing and business. This ensures that the student has the practical skills and knowledge required at junior executive level and prepares the student for further study.
- Marketing Research
- Behavioural Science
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Essentials of Communications
- Introduction to PC Environment
- Business and Society
Semester 2 Options: Choose one
- Sales Management
- Web Design
- Marketing Practice
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Management Accounting for Marketing
- Communications and the Organisation
Semester 1 Options: Choose one:
- Supply Chain Management
- Management of ICT
- Marketing Planning
- Marketing Research Applications
- International Marketing
- Marketing Communications
Semester 2 Options: Choose one:
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Business-to-Business Marketing
Are there study abroad options?
There are no study abroad opportunities in this two year certificate programme. However, students who progress from this Programme to a Level 8 Honours Degree Programme may have opportunities to study abroad in Europe, the United States and Canada.
T: 01 402 7033 (Roger Sherlock)
F: 01 402 7198
What our Students say!
- DIT provides students with the opportunity to study in a friendly, encouraging and fun environment, join clubs ranging from sports to fashion and enjoy student life with your new college friends. So if you want to study marketing, there is only one course for you, marketing at DIT!