What is... Marketing?
Marketing is the lifeblood of every organisation, big or small. From identifying opportunities and generating insights to developing those products and services to meet the needs of customers and communicating value inside and outside the organisation, the marketing function is crucial in today’s global economy.
First year students enrolling on this programme who have obtained 500 points or more in their Leaving Certificate will be awarded a first year entrance scholarship of €1,000 in recognition of their outstanding performance in the Leaving Certificate Examination.
Hear from our Graduates
Studying in Ireland's only dedicated School of Marketing provides great opportunities, see below to hear inspiring stories and successes and hear first-hand what lies ahead as a Marketing Student at TU Dublin College of Business.
- Taking Home Bronze- Four Marketing Students at International Case Competition 2019
- Laura McCarthy- Winner of Elevator Pitch Competition
- Marketing students win gold at NIBS International Case Competition
- Our journey to success – NIBS Worldwide Case Champions 2018
- Brian Heffernan receives Undergraduate Global Winner Award 2018
- Jessie Clohisey- Finalist in the Irish Red Cross Humanitarian Awards
- Daragh Griffin- Regional Winner at the Undergraduate Awards ’17
- Danny Creedon- Turning a Tech Idea into a Start-up
- Kate Goldsmith life as a marketing graduate
What are my... Career Opportunities?
This Degree programme provides attractive career opportunities in the expanding marketing profession. In addition to roles in General Marketing Management, there is a range of opportunities in areas such as Brand Management, International Marketing, Advertising, Market Research, Digital Marketing, marketing Promotion, Sales Management and Services Marketing.
What other options do I have after completion?
Students who have reached the appropriate honours standard may have access to a wide range of Masters degrees in TU Dublin and elsewhere in Higher Education.
Learning Outcomes: What will I Study?
The programme creates graduates with the knowledge, skills and competencies essential to function as high-calibre contemporary marketing professionals, both nationally and internationally.
The graduate will become analytical and insightful with the ability to communicate and articulate a company’s vision using digital and traditional marketing communication methods and to design and implement marketing strategies and plans to ensure success.
- Marketing Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
- Social Science Perspectives on Marketing
- Introduction to PC Environment
- Irish Business Environment
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems
- Marketing Research
- International Marketing
- Cultural Studies
- Management & Strategy
- Managerial Accounting
- Plus 1 Marketing Option
International Study Abroad Programme. Study in a Partner University
OR Work Placement
OR the following modules:
- Organisation and the Individual
- Perspectives on International Marketing
- International Political Economy
- Marketing Option (not taken previously)
- Company-based research project
- Strategy Economics
- Consumer Behaviour
- Financial Analysis
- Marketing Analysis
- Marketing Communications
- Research Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- Consumer Research
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Analysis
- Research Dissertation
Students can avail of a four month placement in the third year of the course. The student will have an opportunity to acquire relevant, real world experience in a business setting. Placement partners include leading companies in all the key business sectors.
Is there an Advanced Entry Option?
Yes. An application to any year after Year 1 is called Advanced Entry.
- All applications are made through CAO and not directly to us here in TU Dublin. Click here to apply.
- Closing dates for application vary. Most programmes will be open until 30th June but many programmes accept late applications.
- Contact the School directly using details below to ask if a late application will be considered.
Are there study abroad options?
In Year 3 students can take a semester in a European, US, Canadian or Asian partner university. These include: Ryerson University Toronto, Memorial University Newfoundland, Bishop’s University and Concordia University Quebec, Seton Hall University New Jersey, Southern Utah University, Utah, South-East Missouri State University, Florida Atlantic University, University of Canberra, Australia.
T: (01) 402 7033 (Roger Sherlock)